IBS symptoms

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Terag

Post by Terag » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:17 pm

I am wondering if this is part of IBS. For the last 3 months(my anxiety is quite under control) I have extreme, constant nausea. If I eat a meal, within 15mins, I have to talk myself out of vomiting, which usually works and sometimes I just have to, or I will have even a small snack and it will make me feel instantly sick. I am also on Prevacid for acid reflux. It is a very weird symptom and it is becoming quite concerning as it happens everytime I put food in my mouth(on top of becoming quite full and bloated), or I could be out shopping and then bang, I feel like I have the flu and very nauscious. It is really starting to affect my every day life and I feel like I have the flu continuously. Anyone feel like this? I do have my yearly physical on wednesday, but thought maybe someone out there could help me sooner..thanks

Arinna

Post by Arinna » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:14 am

wow, your symptoms sound a lot like a friend of mine was having. She finally figured it out. She is allergic to gluten. She eats only whole foods now. Or she looks on line to make sure the product she wants has no gluten in it.

She was constantly sick, she was dropping weight fast too. Try to cut out the wheat/gluten for a few days and see if that helps?

She has come over for a bbq twice and we had to make gluten free food for her. It really wasn't too hard. She had baked potatoes with sour cream and real butter. BBQ ribs (using bull's eye sauce), and a cream cheese concoction I made, using strawberries for dipping. She also had bad bad heartburn symtoms and felt very bloated. And now she feels great. It, according to her, is something that can be tolerated for most your life then the tolerance stops which causes you to feel sick. Anyway, there are plenty of advice, recipes, guides on the internet if you want to try it out. Oh one more thing, although bread isn't part of her diet, she can eat corn and rice products providing they do not have gluten in them (you would be surprised about how much gluten, or a by product of gluten, is in food you wouldn't think should have). Well I don't know if it will help, but I hope it does.

maria9201

Post by maria9201 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:54 am

Hey there--- i was just reading what you have posted online about the nausea and it made me remeber when i had that same exact thing. It was like all of a sudden---flu-like symptoms would emerge for no reason at all. I'm not diagnosing you but I was put on Nexium by my Doctor. It's the "purple pill" and it's a wonder drug---I only took it for about three months or so--i loved it and i would've continued to take it but i wanted to see if ithad went away after awhile and i didn't have any probelms after that. I remember that feeling so well----it does feel like you have the flu---try --if you're not too afriad of taking things--it was awesome for me. :) Hope you feel better----let us know.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”