IBS

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
DAG57

Post by DAG57 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:19 am

When I get anxious my intestines start to churn and I feel miserable. Then the diarrhea begins. This is a daily occurrence, happening most every morning. Does anyone have suggestions on how to deal with this?

rose_thorn98

Post by rose_thorn98 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:21 pm

Are you loosing a lot of fluids w/ your IBS or is it just solids? If it is full blown diarehhea and you're loosing fluids ask you doctor for a Rx of Nulev. It stops stomach and IBS spasms. It is not narrcotic and non habit forming. You just put it under your tongue and let it dissolve. It tastes like peppermint. It will stop your IBS. I promise. Youre stomach cramps will stop also. That's how I learned I had a problem w/anxiety. It all started w/stomach problems and IBS. This medicine does help.
~The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr~

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:50 pm

Dag57, be careful! I too suffered with IBS for years and then one day I started taking AmodiumAD to help control it. My doctor said it was fine and not harmful in any way. I've been taking it for 5 years now, every night before I go to bed and the IBS is totally under control. The problem was that by stopping up my body's way of dealing with anxiety (IBS) it started coming out as panic attacks and a whole host of other problems. I would be careful about trying to stop the IBS with meds because one way or another your body will rid itself of the anxiety. I would continue with the program and see if it starts getting better on it's own before I took any meds to stop it. If I could go back and change the past I would have never stopped the IBS because for me the alternative has been 1000 times worse than dealing with the IBS. Good Luck, Donna :)

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:46 am

I had similiar issues with morning issues.. Is there any possibility you are allergic to anything? I found out after about 8 years of stomach issues that I was allergic to the protein found in Wheat Flour-"Gluten". The only way to make this condition better is to quit eating Wheat Flour, which is not easy!! The condition is called Celiac Disease. I would suggest keeping a food diary and stop certain foods and see if that helps...good luck...

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:55 am

I've dealt with IBS my whole life and have, in the last couple of years, started taking Robinul Forte (an anti spastic), as well as fiber therapy. I knew it could be stress related but had no idea that stress may be the lone cause. Does anyone know if treating anxiety, which I hope to accomplish with this program, can completely get rid of IBS? The medication, fiber, and excercise have helped tremendously, by the way.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”