Unbearable Nausea

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
DebbieW

Post by DebbieW » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:59 am

Hi Natalie,

This happend to me two years ago as well, I would get sick to my stomach and have IBS symptoms, my doctor put me on protonox for my stomach and fiber supplement for the Diarrhea which made no sence to me at the time, I ask why she was giving me somthing to make me go more but she said it will stop the diarrhea and she was right. Good luck Hope you are feeling better and you are not alone.

Debbie

natalie41

Post by natalie41 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:15 am

Hi Natalie,
"unberable nauses that keeps you from sleeping, gagging and diarrhea" should be evaluated by a physician. This happens to people once in a while when they are sick and usually goes away. You seem to have this all the time. It could be something and then again it could be nothing. Only a physician can make that call.For your own health and peace of mind I would go to a doctor if it were me. Good Luck, Natalie

NatalieP

Post by NatalieP » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:08 am

Thank you all so much for your advice and words of encouragement on this. I'm happy to report that I am wearing my sea bands today (those things that go around your wrist and hit the pressure points) and my nausea is MUCH, MUCH better!! I even almost got a full nights sleep last night, so I'm feeling pretty decent today.

I'm going to increase my Fiber Supplementation today and hope to get rid of the diarrhea for good. I'm feeling pretty good today about maybe seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!!

Thank you all so much for your support here!

maria k

Post by maria k » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:55 am

Hi. Im glad the sea bands are helping you. I think b/c of you- Im going to try them. I wake up every day with terrible nausea and feelings of hotness in my face. Did you have those symptoms too? And are the bands still working for you? (I hope so for youre sake.) Thanks, Maria

NatalieP

Post by NatalieP » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:22 am

Maria, I've been wearing the bands for the last three days and am SO relieved to report they are working for me. I was having bad nausea prior to wearing them, to the point where I wasn't able to concentrate on work or eat anything.

I usually put the bands on when I get up in the morning before I hop in the shower, then remove them while in the shower and put them back on afterwards. I wear them throughout the morning until about lunch time.

I do not experience the hottness on may face. Usually just some stomach upset (probably because my stomach is empty!) Try them! It's an inexpensive, drug-free way to take care of your nausea!!! I hope they work for you as they have for me!

coffeegirl

Post by coffeegirl » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:38 am

You have to have a careful diet. Alcohol and dairy are the worst. For me, I get gas which causes the nausea. I take phayzyme. I will take pepto when it is really bad, but only in really bad cases do I need it. Chamomile or peppermint tea work best. When you hurt, stick with easy things like bread, bananas, mangoes.

maria k

Post by maria k » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:20 am

great natalie, thanks alot and im so glad to see that its still working for you. we all deserve relief of some kind. God bless. Maria

zuzu

Post by zuzu » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:53 am

I also have sinus problems and nausea. I find if I eat a piece of bread right before going to sleep, it helps.

Kimmy727

Post by Kimmy727 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:00 am

I have been suffering from this horrible nausea since last summer. Went to the doctor and was prescribed meds for nausea and diarrhea. The meds made me feel worse so I stopped taking them. Then I went to a gastro. He ordered a colonoscopy and everything looked great. So then he just gave me some medication for acid reflux. get this, the side effects are nausea and diarrhea (like I really want that!) so I never tried it! I too have major anxiety but seem to be dealing with it quite well. Unfamiliar situations get to me but I try to talk myself through it. Ginger tea seems to help sometimes. But the best thing for me has been to stay as busy as possible. I tend to do better when my plate is full. As long as I am not overwhelmed I do very well. This condition is very confusing to me. I wish I knew what triggered it. It is comforting to know that I am not alone. Best of luck to you!

NatalieP

Post by NatalieP » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:24 am

Go back to your Gastro doc and ask him for Aciphex. I have been taking that for years for my acid reflux and have had no problems. Actually, many of my problems began when I went off it for awhile due to insurance costs.

Also, try the sea bands that you wear around your wrists for naseau. Those worked wonders for me. I literally went from constant nausea to virtually no nausea at all. There are NO side effects from those, except that if you wear them constantly you tend to get a little discomfort at the pressure point. You can get them at any big pharmacy, such as CVS or Walgreens.

Another thing I tried for my stomach was Enzymes. My chiropractor gave me some enzymes that help digest my food and they really helped.

I am nearly back to "normal" now. I rarely have nausea and if I do experience it, it's only for a very short time. Try these things to see if they work. They are not expensive and have few or no side effects.

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”