Unbearable Nausea

Suffering from IBS? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
NatalieP

Post by NatalieP » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:24 am

Go back to your Gastro doc and ask him for Aciphex. I have been taking that for years for my acid reflux and have had no problems. Actually, many of my problems began when I went off it for awhile due to insurance costs.

Also, try the sea bands that you wear around your wrists for naseau. Those worked wonders for me. I literally went from constant nausea to virtually no nausea at all. There are NO side effects from those, except that if you wear them constantly you tend to get a little discomfort at the pressure point. You can get them at any big pharmacy, such as CVS or Walgreens.

Another thing I tried for my stomach was Enzymes. My chiropractor gave me some enzymes that help digest my food and they really helped.

I am nearly back to "normal" now. I rarely have nausea and if I do experience it, it's only for a very short time. Try these things to see if they work. They are not expensive and have few or no side effects.

CarolM

Post by CarolM » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:29 am

Ohhh yes I just recently recovered from exactly what your describing. In short- it was my nerves. I had what your describing for months and i was loosing my mind. two things helped 1.) even though ginger tea didn't take away my nausea i drank it every morning and took a cup along to work to sip on. I felt good about putting something in my body that was good for my tummy esp when it was hard to eat food. 2.) I belived what a doc told me, he said i had created a automatic response in my body. When i would feel nauseaous i would (understandable) be consumed by it. He told me to basicly BELIEVE him and ignore it. (i had been to the doc and everthing phsyiclly had check out fine). It took a while but eventually one day i reallized i wasn't getting nausea anymore. I really thought it would never go away. I also had the trouble sleeping the diarriha etc... The doc gave me something to help me sleep and kept telling me all of these symtoms were my nerves. i see now the date of this post...hope this finds you feeling better....

leajay983

Post by leajay983 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:43 pm

I have had this for almost *2 years*!! :( I've had lots of tests and the only thing they could come up with is gastroparesis...slow emptying of the stomach...but it does not correlate with my eating habits. I wake up around 4 or 5am and am so nauseous to the point of having dry heaves almost every day!!! I am going to another gastro this month but I'm not too confident that they will find anything physical. I realize that I can chalk *some* of this up to anxiety but thanks to this program I am getting SO much better in that regard. I have been on Reglan, Zelnorm (before it got pulled off the market..which was too bad cuz it seemed to help to some degree), Prevacid and who knows what else with literally no effect. I've tried Pepto, Emetrol, OTC acid reducers and I'm at the end of my rope! Like others here, I get the hotness, and alot of times when I wake up early I am soaked in sweat so I wonder if it is perimenopause?? I am almost 43 so that is a possiblity. I tried the sea bands with no real relief...aughhh!! Help!! At least I'm not alone with this and will be very interested in hearing how every one is doing.

George Sampson

Post by George Sampson » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:58 am

I have had nausea for the past four years. It would cause dizzyness,migrain hesdaches and depression.Doctore gave me pills, put me on a special migrain diet and sent me through theropy.I was getting discouraged when I hapened to wathch LUCINDAS presentation on TV.
Her description of anxiety and depression fit me to a "T" I tried the program out and by the third week i had control of my condition..Now in my sixth week I think I have conquored it, as long as I stay on the program. I feel so much better and have become active again. I'm going to the GYM this morming and I walked for a half hour yesterday, all of this without that old dizzyness or nausea feeling.The relaxation tape is great. I have listened to it over 25 times now.It is such a relief to feel good again.My wife has noticed how much better I am.

Kim333

Post by Kim333 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:44 pm

Try drinking lots of water during the day. It has really helped me with nausea. I have stopped drinking anything but fruit juices and water. It does help. When I am dehydrated I feel sick. Good luck!

CarolM

Post by CarolM » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:06 am

i glad to see from reading this your feeling better. i'll have to remember those sea bands. just wanted to let you know your not alone. i'm doing a lot better then i was over the summer. i had the exact same symptoms for most of the summer.

Ammy

Post by Ammy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:27 pm

Aciphex drug used for treating ulcers of the stomach. The gastric problem occurs in the body (GERD) in which to take Generic aciphexalso.
Last edited by Ammy on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ammy

Post by Ammy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:26 pm

Aleve belongs to a group of drugs called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that work by reducing the pain-causing hormones in the body. It help to relieve from pain and swelling.
This medication is used to treat stiffness, joint pain, and inflammation caused by conditions such as arthritis, acute gout.

adam2272

Post by adam2272 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:29 am

I am not a doctor .... but someone who knows about health and how to cure most axiety causing health concerns...since mine are all gone now....try peppermint oil with ginger...if you have heartburn too ...dont use peppermint oil just ginger ...licorice can also help...but don't take licroice if you have high bloop preasure....let me knowi f this helps

Return to “Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)”