Something positive

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
AnnetteW

Post by AnnetteW » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:47 am

I think it would be neat if we shared some positive change that we have seen in ourselves. Like this past week I was able to openly speak in our Sunday school class and actually took on a class project. Something I haven't done in so long. Also I am planning a trip this week-end and I am looking forward to it.

Come on us give each other a pat on the back!
Annette

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:04 am

Hi Annette! I love your post! What a fantastic idea. Congrats to you of course for getting out there and doing it! :D

This week, I read two books by Claire Weeks. With her books and the program, I am learning alot. I finally was able to see what really pertained to me and what didn't. What was causing me to be this way and what can I do to change it.
This week, my what ifs have stopped, my scary thoughts are very minimal and I feel a little more like me, finally.
I learned to just float with and stop trying to force the thoughts and feelings away. Their feelings and thoughts - no need to be bluffed by them, especially since I know they are not true.

I am going to my sister's tonight, without my hubby (boy, is he getting dependant! :D :D :D) and will not be home until sometime tomorrow.
I went shopping and enjoyed every minute of it. I cleaned out my office and it felt good to let go of the clutter.
AND since I am a manager, one of my stuff is on vacation this week and I did not freak out one time! YEAH - GO ME!

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:14 am

:D Hey girl you are doing great, have a wonderful trip. And you are doing it independently too. Fantastic.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:29 pm

Well, here I go again. Lucinda speaks of patting our self on the back. This week I have had things happen twice that normally I would have be boohooing to the max, and this time I have done fine.

Think this stuff is working!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:39 pm

Congratulations to both of you! I joined Curves this week! Which was something major for me! I went 3 times this week. I experienced some anxiety my first time there - but really enjoyed the other 2 times! My scary thoughts have been very minimal - especially the past 3 days. Today I actually felt NORMAL for the first time in weeks! Yes - this stuff does work! I've listened to tapes 2, 3 and 10 over and over and things are really starting to sink in!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Cindy

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:28 am

Login/JoinWelcome, Kita [Logout]
I'm beginning to socialize more. At first i felt that no one wanted to be around me because of my condition. Now i understand that there are people just like me, going through the same things.
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”