just wondering

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
peacefulone

Post by peacefulone » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:01 am

Hello: Just wondering if anyone else experiences dizziness or off balance feelings while just standing still. I find when I am standing still just have a conversation with someone I have to hold on to a chair or wall or something to keep me steady. I have been to an ENT and they say nothing is wrong. I just keep thinking that something with my ear or my head is wrong and the dr's aren't catching it. I try to take my mind off of these feelings when they happen, but boy is it a horrible feeling. I have been through the program twice and it has helped with so many things, but I still get the what if feelings. I do alot of the breathing techniques and self talk. If anyone needs reassurance if these things help, I can assure you yes they do. Thanks for listening and any suggestions or similar reaction responses welcome.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi peaceful:
Yes, I get those unsteady feelings frequently.
I went to the Mall on Saturday. Walking down the Mall I felt like I'd just topple over. I had my walking cane with me but was still so very unsteady. However, I knew it was anxiety.
So I just continued on. I reached my destination in the Mall (I was going to GNC Vitamin Store), got what I wanted and left. I got better as I reached the door to the outside.
Yes, I can get that just standing somewhere.

But I haven't finished the program yet. I've just gotten up to session 8. I got the program
on Jan. of 07. I took spells of not working on it.

I don't get too concerned about those kinds of problems because, as uncomfortable as they are.
I've realized it was anxiety for a long time. And I learned from the first CD that it wasn't dangerous to me. That I probably wouldn't pass out. And I probably wouldn't fall, as unsteady as I can feel.

But I know where you are coming from. It can be very scary and is definitely most uncomfortable.

I don't really know how to eliminate it yet.
So I doubt this will be any help to you. But just know that you are not alone in this.

I hope it gets better for you soon.

I don't ever mention it to my doctor. i know the answer lies within me. I have to change my thoughts. The program teaches that these things
are a result of our own fears which our thoughts will bring on.
As I am writing here I'm thinking that the next time I have that, I'm thinking that I'll begin to image a comfortable scene. Like sitting in
a comfortable lawn chair in pleasnt sunshine with blue skies above me. It might be hard to do that when talking to someone. But I wonder if one could insert something pleasant like that in the conversation. Something that would take us out of ourselves. Just a thought.
Wishing you success as you try to get past this.
MaryJane

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:58 pm

peacefulone, Mary Jane said it all. This woman is awesome! And if you knew how young she is, oh my! :D So don't worry, I believe it is anxiety. It just comes out of nowhere sometimes. Several months ago I had the weirdst feeling walking down my hallway. I actually hung onto the wall cuz I felt like I was toppling over. Actually I was tipping and have no clue to this day why. The next day I was fine but it was scary at the time. I made it to be said "whew" and forgot about it. The program works great. Don't worry about doing it twice or however many times it takes. God bless.

Andreadreams

Post by Andreadreams » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:25 am

Hey,

That was my main issue when I first started the program years ago. Since then, these feelings have subsided. However I get dizzy once in a while. What I do is think about it logically now. Don't think that it's just anxiety. With me it happens when I'm hungry or overtired. It could be something simple as that. Also I have allergies right now. Plugged up sinuses make me a little dizzy. So do tension headaches. My advice would be to scan your body when it happens and listen to it. What is going on. Are you really nervous or is it something else?? Could it be a simple explanation. Could it be corrected by something else like eating lunch or relaxing tight muscles in the neck and shoulders.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:49 am

Hello cornflower, barb g and tricia:
Thank you all for your responses. I am so lucky to have people like you in my life to listen and to help me through the tough times. I am not giving up. I just try to change my thoughts and do alot of self talk and breathing. You all are angels in my eyes. Thank you sooo much for being there.XO :)

had enough

Post by had enough » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Hi Emmatophobia:
Thank you for your post. It truly helps to know that I am not alone with these awful feelings. It means alot to me that you read my post and offered some wonderful advice. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Remember, an Eagle never has the same air under its wings.
So it is with life, there is something different each day.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:06 pm

I had dizziness too.I had to quit sports.
My Doctor recomended Thearopy.They suggested this solution. I tried it and I am much better now.---Its called the BRANDT-DAROFF EXERCISES.
HERE IS THE WEB ADDRESS-- For the "HOME TREATMENT OF BPPV" is----www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/bppv/bppv.html
These exercises should be performed for two weeks, three times per day.--- or --for three weeks ,twice per day.---I a so much more comfortable now without that dizziness.
BPPV stands for --BENIGN PAROXYSMAL POSITIONAL VERTIGO.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:59 pm

I have that feeling a lot! I have horrible balance and sometimes I get this rush of dizziness out of nowhere. Many times when this happens it sets off a panic attack. Nothing I have tried has worked very well though. I was tested for vertigo and an inner ear infection, fluid in my ears, etc. It is nice to know that someone else feels the same way!

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:07 am

I do get that also, however it is when I strat thinkiong about " what if I fell over" all what if's for me. Once I snap myself out of it I am fine. <3

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:40 am

Hello!Yes I get this too!It's one of my scariest symptoms!A lot of the time it will happen to me just like you said when I'm standing there talking to someone.It also happens when I'm walking in a store.I always grab a cart when I do go into a store.It really does help.I've definately associated it with the feeling of being trapped.I think the only way to get over it is to just ley it happen and not run from it.Very hard I know!!We'll never break the cycle though if we keep feeding the fear.It's like yesturday I put myself into a panick for most of the day all it did was make me feel very run down in the evening.In other words I ruined my day.Well you're definately not alone and I wish you much luck with this.We have to learn to be positive and believe in ourselves!

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”