Examples of Circular Thinking

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
debchance

Post by debchance » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:19 am

Hi all,
I am going back to school this week. I have my bachelors in psych and decided finally to go after my longtime dream of interior design. So I am going further in debt and out on a limb and going for a completely different bachelor's.
My point is that I am a stay at home mom too. My daughter is four and she started preschool in September. It has been better to have a break. I know school will help too because I will not only have adult interaction but I will be doing something for myself.
One thing I do in the shower, if I ever get to take one by myself, is bring in the session cds and listen to them while I am in there. You're supposed to listen to them several times and this helps. I also sometimes have them playing in the background or in the car when I am alone. It makes me feel good and is a good way to squeeze in some of the homework for the sessions.

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:01 am

debchance,
First of all...Congratulations on going after your dreams! You should be very proud of yourself. I got some music cd's for christmas that I wanted so bad. So that has helped me when I'm in the shower. I noticed for me when I start feeling sluggish. I will play some music and it lifts my spirit sooo much! It get's me motivated. That's a good idea though because alot of times I don't have time to just set there and listen to one of our tapes. Take care and let us know how your doing in school. I'm sure you will have a "triumph" story to tell soon. :) :)
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”