What-Ifing

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
Inside Man

Post by Inside Man » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:26 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm on Session 8. "What if" thinking has always been a problem for me. I believe my biggest "what if" thought now and from the past doing this program is...What if I slip back to where I was in the beginning and can't get out of it (anxiety and depression). Anyone else have this "what if"? I know it's just a thought but it does hit my mind now and again. I still push on but it can make you doubt your progress at times. I would like to hear from others on Session 8.

Thanks,
Inside Man :cool:

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:01 pm

I'm on session 2 for the second time and I did think the same thing. But as Lucinda says, you really can't go all the way back as where you were in the beginning because you've just gained all this knowledge and power to put to use against it. And you're on session 8! Great! If you did it now, you can do it again. You are doing great and these feelings are normal. God Bless!

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:17 pm

I can relate to those thoughts too. Just remember that it's the anxiety talking. I know it sounds wierd, but if we were going to go crazy it probably would have happened already. And if by some chance you do get depressed again or really anxious, you know how to reach out for help. these are all scenarios that i too have gone over in my head. I tend to overthink so many things. this program has helped a lot with that. And remember that you are not alone.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:59 pm

Hello! Inside Man. I'm in Session 8 right now, actually I did it last week, I heard my type, read the material, watched the video but I'm doing it again because I didn't do the homework from the workbook last week and I felt bad about it, and this includes visiting the support group, so that's why I'm here right now. I know Lucida said don't stop and continue with the next Lesson but, I really felt bad for not doing my homework. I guess I'm trying to be just a little bit perfect.

Anyway!!! I just want to tell you that what has been helping me TREMENDUSTLY!! with the what ifing? in predicting negative thoughts is to WHAT IF? POSITIVE THOUHGTS! :) as Lucinda said.

I know it's hard, but try it.

Lucinda said that we have to change our bad behaviors specially the way we bring negative thoughts to our life. So, I'm sure that if we what if? positively as mnany times as we What if? negatively we are going to get great! and unexpected results. And so far, I have got them. I have done so many things by changing my What if? thoughts to a positive What if's? that I can't belive they are happening. I don't even know how they start happening. It's incredible!!!!

- Let me give you an example, and I know this is a very small one but, in its moment it was a a big deal to me., let me tell you,: last weekend my husband went to Vegas with his friends and I stayed with my Mom and my baby alone in my house. I'm not going to lie the first night I slept with my Moom and my baby specially because we were wathing T.V. shows about ugly real life stuff., and of course I was What ifing bad scenarios happening that night. I couldn't sleep very well but, I did pretty good doing my best in thinking WHAT IFING POSITEVELY. But, the next day I decided to sleep in my bedroom with my baby no matter what, so I did it. At first it was really hard I even wanted it to cover my windows with bedsheets because I was afraid of things, and I wanted to do other crazy stuff, but I what if positevely. I thought would be nice to have opportunity to relax with my baby, watch TV shows that I enjoy (not scary ones) and just relax, and relax even more., and guess what? I even turn off the light. It's incredible where a positve thought can take you. I have to tell you that prior to Session 8, I couldn't drive far distaces about 15 to 20 miles with my Mom in the car, and now I don't know what happen that I drive 15 to 20 miles distaces with her and no problem. I'm not even afraid anymore! but somehow I know this Session had a lot to do with it. I still cannot drive by myself but,,,,,, that's the next step. slowyly but surely. Good luck!!! :)

lovelysmile

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”