Anticipatory Anxiety

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
Gisette

Post by Gisette » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:44 pm

Three days in, the "What Ifs" alternate title of this session keeps throwing me. ;) "Anticipatory Anxiety" I get - boy do I get it...

Great session. I love in the homework how there's often a really offbeat assignment. Like this week's "Think of the color green".

Has anyone practiced this? Thinking of the color green? Tried any other colors? :D

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:25 pm

When I picked my name, I was not thinking of Green for any reason, except that I green growing things, but not if it is algae. I like green for a contrasting color, but it is not my favorite color for a room.

Bob-o Bingo

Post by Bob-o Bingo » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:10 am

Originally posted by Gisette:
Three days in, the "What Ifs" alternate title of this session keeps throwing me. ;) "Anticipatory Anxiety" I get - boy do I get it...

Great session. I love in the homework how there's often a really offbeat assignment. Like this week's "Think of the color green".

Has anyone practiced this? Thinking of the color green? Tried any other colors? :D
If you're studying color preferences, I recommend you get your hands on a copy of The Luscher Color Test. It gives thed psychological meaning of the colors you choose, and it's usually dead-on right. Very fascinating book to study!

Jan Lucker

Re: Anticipatory Anxiety

Post by Jan Lucker » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:27 pm

I have a medical procedurecoming up this week. The prepparaation is what is gettigto me. tryingto hink positive. Hopeing or company to keep me occupied so I am not thinking.

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”