started exercising

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:27 am

Hi Everyone! I just recently started exercising (less than a week) and have found that my anxiety has increased since doing so and was wondering if anyone else has also experienced this? I think what I am doing is relating the increased heart rate and sweating to a panic attack and freaking myself out...since doing this I have also had more panic attacks and was wondering if anyone could give me any advice? Thanks!

AnnieG

Post by AnnieG » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:37 pm

Unless your dr says not to, keep exercising. Is it possible you're doing too much too fast? Make sure you aren't overdoing it.

The things we feel when we exercise can feel like anxiety, rapid heartbeat, out of breath..you will get used to it and be able to tell which is exercise and which is anxiety. Also, I suggest doing the relaxation tape (if you have it) about an hour or so after you exercise, that way you can feel yourself calming down. The relaxation tape is also a nice reward, maybe while taking a nice bath?

Good Luck,
AnnieG
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:20 pm

I would suggest Yoga or Pilates for exercise-I am a very anxious person & going through the program myself-I find Yoga very relaxing, yet challenging.

Kita

Post by Kita » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:53 pm

I was also feeling the same way. At first i was being real lazy,by not wanting to. Now i realize that it is very important and helps alot.
SHAKITA

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”