Facing a limitation story

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
Gongos

Post by Gongos » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:29 pm

I am working my way through the program.
I had run through weeks 1-7 months ago and for whatever reason stopped. About a month ago I was told I was going to have to do a presentation in front of a group. I reviewed several sessions, especially session 8 on anticipating bad outcomes.
I have been stressed as usual counting down the days but have also started walking to relieve some stress & listening to the relaxation session.
Today was the day. My presentation was delayed an hour which made the anticipation worse. Once I got started I was able to go through a two hour presentation and question and answer session with no anxiety - no body symptoms etc. While in the past I was always looking for a way to end the presentation and get out, I welcomed questions and new topics. Quite a relief and I hope I can build on the experience and reduce future anxiety.
Just to let people know to hang in there and facing the things you avoid is worth the effort.

PeeWee

Post by PeeWee » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:25 pm

Great job! So happy for you. Thank for sharing!

Kita

Post by Kita » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:27 am

Thanks alot, it really means something to me.
SHAKITA

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”