Hair loss

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
CoDeaton

Post by CoDeaton » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:22 am

Recently, I have noticed that I have been shedding a LOT of hair. My son is 7 months old and I read somewhere that my hair loss could be postpartum related, but that it usually occurs between 4 and 6 mos. postpartum. I don't recall this happening with my two older sons. I am almost afraid to wash my hair because every time I do, I pull out handfulls. I have been having a lot of anxiety lately and wonder if that could be the culprit, but I still start my whole what-if thinking about "what if I have some disease that is causing this?" and I start to freak out. Has anyone else experienced the hair shedding problem?

Kizzyle

Post by Kizzyle » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:15 am

Hi CoDeaton! I have been wondering the same thing about hair loss. My scenario is a little different though. I am an 18 year old boy who noticed that his hair began to get thinner about 2 or 3 years ago. I suffer with anxiety, but it has gotten worse this year since I graduated. Also, my dad is bald, and he said he began losing his hair at a young age. I don't know if it's genetics, and if so, is the anxiety worsening it. I have very low self esteem, and the thought of going bald before I get out of college is just depressing me more. I need help!

CoDeaton

Post by CoDeaton » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:53 am

Hi Kyle! It does sound like yours is more genetics than anything. Granted, the anxiety probably doesn't help matters. I'm sure that you notice it way more than anyone else does. It looks like you have a full head of hair to me and honestly there are so many things out there you could try if it does get bad! I, on the other hand, am a 28 year old female so I am totally freaking out. Its not like I have bald patches or anything, but I'm afraid of heading that direction. I think if I could just chill out a little, it will slow down some. Hopefully we can all be fully recovered someday and I have faith that we will. I have been in the "remission" stage before, if you will, but recently the anxiety has come back. I know you can get better, it just takes time and patience. Good luck to you!

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”