Confused

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
Linda519

Post by Linda519 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:21 pm

I am very positive about everything that I have listened to already. I am also very picky about information. I remember in session 2 one of the things Lucinda states is that you have to face your fears. She actually said for example if you are in a mall with a family member or friend that if anxiety should come on you should stay in the situation. Your friend or support should also stay there with you and not let you go home. Now in session 8 she says that you can leave a situation if you feel it. That you can leave the mall if you have to. So I get confused. What is the right thing to do? Does anyone feel the same? Has anyone else noticed this?

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:30 am

Linda...I think what Lucinda is trying to say here is there is always a way of escape if you look for it!!! You are in control of your surroundings, more or less!!!

I was agoraphobic and lived in a constant panic attack for 21 years of my life, and I do know that you have to accept your feelings of panic, and face them head on to overcome your fears of them.

I hope this helped you...God Bless!!!

Remember, you have been running and it never worked!!! Stop running, ride out that panic attack. Even try embracing it with all your being...Say come on panic, give me your best shot. I do not have all day. I have things to do!!!!

DGriffith

Post by DGriffith » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:11 am

I believe the worst possible thing you could do, is to run away in panic. You're reinforcing the belief that your panic attack will make you go crazy, lose your mind, die. Whatever your fear.

Face your fear, go toward it, not away from it, move forward with it, don't hold back against it.

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”