Constantly what-if-thinking

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
ms2ndchance

Post by ms2ndchance » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi guys, I am 22 years old and have been suffering from anixety since the age of 13. I feel like I have missed so much and i'm really tired of it. I am scared of death to drive on the interstate. Everytime I am on the interstate i'm always thinking Oh my god i'm about to have a stroke or lose my mind i'm too far from the hospital, if something happens who's going to help me? I have been with people and asked them to pull over or to the nearest gas station or restroom so I can regain control. Although I know that nothing is wrong I just can't help it. It's so hard and I ask God sometimes Why me? Why can't I just have a normal life like everyone else, but I know that he never puts anything on us that we can't handle. I was recently taking medication but stop because I told myself that I didn't need them that I can kick this anixety thing myself. So far so good, I haven't had a panic attack none today. I just order the program and hope and pray that this is the solution to my problem so I can enjoy life.. I am so glad that I found this website just reading other people posts, just knowing that there is someone out there that know how you feel. I thought I was all alone. I just thought I would share this with you guys. Thanks so much for your time feel free to leave comments or suggestions. Thanks!!!!
Ms.T Shaw

SeaRunner

Post by SeaRunner » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:00 am

Welcome to the program; you're certainly in good company!

I have many of the same fears that you do driving on the freeway / interstate. However, I'm learning to deal with them in a more positive way. I practice driving every day. If I can't stay on the freeway, then I take the side roads. By repeatedly exposing myself to my fears, I am teaching myself that nothing bad is going to happen and that I can take care of myself. And regardless of whether I accomplish exactly the goal I set out to do each day, I always praise myself for trying.

Congratulations on deciding to take your anxiety disorder head on. Good luck with your recovery!

Jamie
"Common things occur commonly. Uncommon things don't. Therefore, when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." -- C.J. Peters

ms2ndchance

Post by ms2ndchance » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:20 am

Thanks so much. I just received my package today and was so anxious to start it, I am listening to session 1 right now. I know that we all can overcome our obsessive worries and live a good life.. May God be with you and have a nice day!!!!
Ms.T Shaw

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”