How do you know if you're living a worthwhile life?

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
doogiet

Post by doogiet » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:02 pm

I suppose it's an odd question, but it's probably the biggest one I have. I guess I want to be better at everything, but at least I know now that's an unrealistic expectation. My sister has traveled more, my friends are better musicians, other friends are wealthier, smarter, etc., etc.

I guess my question is how do you know if what you're doing is worthwhile? I think of Sheryl Crow's song "If It Makes You Happy" (it can't be that bad). Is that all it comes down to?

Should, should, should, etc. I should be a better [this].

I just don't want to look back on my life when I'm on my deathbed and think I've wasted it, you know?

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:56 am

If you're happy and satisfied with your life, not in comparance to someone else's life, but you're genuinely happy with yours. If you're living life with only YOUR "SHOULDS", and not overly concerned with what others feel you should be doing. If youre content with what you have, regardless to what someone else has. Then I think you're living a very fulfilled and worthwhile life.

lonlelynana

Post by lonlelynana » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:00 am

I can not answere your question but if you find the answere please tell me.I feel like I am controled by husband. If he has opion mind had better be the same as his. It' like I am living my life to make someone else happy. I am not happy at all. I want freedom to just be me.I liked myself just the way I was before I gave up and did just what they wanted. lonelynana

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”