Flying tomorrow

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
soulartista

Flying tomorrow

Post by soulartista » Fri May 29, 2015 12:31 am

I had been really proud of myself. I am working 5 days a week now and two weekends ago I was a vender at an arts festival selling my wares which involved tons of prep work and all while working and then last weekend I went to burning flip side with my wife (she had been asking me to go with her for years) and I was camping in the pouring rain. maybe I should elaborate on how that went. I drove up saturday, she had been there since thursday, and i set up camp at the edge of the playa so i would have more quiet. there were 6,000 people there all set up in camps of music and art and fun. I prepared and packed everything for myself b/c my wife and i agreed to take care of ourselves so in case i wanted to leave i could without making her leave as well. well everything was going really great and i set up my tent and my wife was so excited and then i wanted to lay down and take a nap and the moment it got quiet i panicked. it was bad. i felt horrible. i ended up walking to my car and panicking in there until i felt better. that night i slept in my car, for some reason that felt better then being outside. anyways, i'm still proud i went even if i didn't really walk around much other then in the morning when most people were sleeping.
i'm flying tomorrow...in 4 hours i have to be up and i can't sleep because my stomach keeps turning over and over again. i'm all packed and everything is ready but i can't stop stressing about how much time i have and thinking about all the things that could go wrong tomorrow and how i will be stuck at the airport unable to leave. i think having the attack last weekend reminded me how bad it can get and i'm afraid. i need to get on this plane my best friend is getting married but i'm afraid.
When i'm afraid i never tell anyone for fear of drawing even more attention to myself so i don't want to call my wife. i'm really tired and i'm afraid i will be awful feeling at the airport.

I got on here to read some things from other people because only you guys understand what i'm going through and can laugh with me. someone suggested naming my fear thoughts and giving it a silly personality. this made me think of harry potter when they took their worst fears and made them silly which helped them overcome their fear. so i'm trying to think of something silly and afraid.
maybe i'll name it chester. annoying chester. it's all good chester. things are going to be just fine.
:|

coachchris

Re: Flying tomorrow

Post by coachchris » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:37 am

Hi Soul,

How did the flight go?

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”