Anxiety about sleeping! Very bad night anxiety

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
missrock20

Anxiety about sleeping! Very bad night anxiety

Post by missrock20 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Hello Im 21 years old and have been suffering wit anxiety and depression on and off for four years. Recently my anxiety has been so bad that I cannot sleep good :(. Last night was bout the worst night ever. Everytime I try to fall asleep, my anxiety would happen and my heart would began to race and my tummy would get ugly knots. My mind kept telling me what if I can't sleep? What if I turn into an insomniac? I felt like going to the hospital cause I felt like I was dying. I stay up til 5 or even 6 in the morning, finally when I went to sleep I would wake up every hour so really I got like 6 hours of sleep. I feel so tired at the moment but I cant seem to fall asleep. I started talking fluoxentine and trazodone yesterday. It didnt really help me but I guess it takes time. Also I havent order this program yet cause I waiting for my check to arrive. Im really desperate and I feel like this program will help out alot. It helped a friend of mine which she had introduce me to this. So anybody out there the same way as me?? Any advice to help me thought this I really wanna be back to normal the way I was before :cry:

worryguy

Re: Anxiety about sleeping! Very bad night anxiety

Post by worryguy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:00 pm

I know how you feel. This program really did help me. It made me realize there are a lot of "us" out there and I wasnt alone. Night time is my worst time. My mind starts racing and crazy thoughts become real. Its like I'm being taken over by some monster.Even going through the program, I still have those nights. My Dr. finally gave me Lunesta. He gave me 3 mg tablets and I take a half of a tablet each night, It just slows down my mind and I get great sleep. Good sleep inturn reduces my anxiety and crazy thinking during the day. talk to your doc and see if he can offer you a little help. Be well.......

coachchris

Post by coachchris » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi missrock,

Welcome to the forums. I am excited to hear that you are going to purchase the program. The tools and knowledge you learn will be priceless. While you are waiting to get it I recommend you go to youtube and look up Lucinda Bassett. We have some coaching videos on there that will help you get started feeling better. You will want to be focused on relaxation, good belly breathing and under-reacting. We are whatif thinkers and we can chase thoughts around (especially at 3am) for a very long time. This negative thinking habit pushes a lot of adrenalin and puts us on constant alert. As you learn to think better your body will begin to feel better and sleep will come. Make sure you are minimizing stimulants, drinking lots of water and getting some light exercise.

Let us know your progress.
We are here to help.
Coach Chris StressCenter.com

ile

Post by ile » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:23 am

I too have lots of difficulty with the "what if thinking" about not been able to sleep....it escalates and keeps me up many nights however other nights I sleep fine but then on those nights I start with the "what if I can't sleep" I keep my self up and awake instead of permitting the relaxation to happen...it is like when I start relaxing I wake up myself up. How to stop it!! and go back to restful sleep.

thanks Ileana

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”