Accidentally Starting Early! No Mistake...

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
stewy

Accidentally Starting Early! No Mistake...

Post by stewy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Hi friends, So this week i started session 8 a day early acually.. i say this because since i started the program ive tried to follow the scheduale religiously.. and thats of course a little perfectionistic! but this week i really thought it was the time to start and i didnt even think it was a session i was looking forward to.. but after reading through the material it was exactly what i needed.. my biggest problem i feel is anticipatory anxiety cause i can work myself into a tizzy in a hurry.. this program has helped me to take some really big steps in the direction of recovery. I really do believe that everyone regardless of there anxiety or depression level.. or whether they even suffer from these disorders can benefit tremendously from these skills.. I am so greatful for lucinda and my brother-in-law who introduced my to program. I also wanna thank all of you wonderful people who have lent emotional support through this AWSOME online enviroment.. God Bless you friends.

lucy knepp

Re: Accidentally Starting Early! No Mistake...

Post by lucy knepp » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:21 pm

Hi Stewy
One of my biggest problems is the 'what if" thinking. I worry all the time about the kids and grand kids. I am already thinking that they will drive someday and it terrifies me to think about them on an interstate. Do you have any suggestions on how to stop this train of thought. I have been through the program twice and l listened to the CD about anticipatory stress. Any other techniques are appreciated......I try distraction, keeping busy, prayer.
My other biggie is sadness. I am sad when I think of my mom and dad who are in heaven. Anyway........
take care
Lucy Knepp
from Pittsburgh :roll:

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”