I hate going to the dentist !

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
LyndaLu

I hate going to the dentist !

Post by LyndaLu » Sat May 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Does anyone else but me have anticipatory anxiety and a sort of fear about going to the dentist :!: .

I have to go to the dentist office every three months to have my teeth cleaned. My dentist office is

a nice one and the employees are kind and my dentist is an excellent dentist ! So, why do I fear the

dentist so much ? The last time I visited the dentist office I had to have three small fillings which

required the dentist to numb my mouth / gums. I had a hard time even opening my mouth for him once

I remembered that a needle was coming my way ! Yikers ! The reason I am bringing this up now is that I

have to go see my dentist again on May 17th and I am SO not looking forward to it. I know that the

dental hygenist is going to find more plaque build up and probably some more cavities to fill. I try to

brush my teeth and floss the best I can, but my gums are just not up to par. My dental health is poor?

And then I worry about the cost of the dental work because I have no dental insurance coverage right now :( .

Both of my parents had dentures and my sister has had to have a lot of dental work done on HER teeth.

I am pretty much the lucky one in my family regarding the whole teeth / gums issue :?: .

Does anyone LIKE going to the dentist ? I sure don't :lol: .

Lynda :)

ladybug_101

Re: I hate going to the dentist !

Post by ladybug_101 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:57 am

LYNDA I TOO HATE THE DENTIST BEEN GETTING LOTS OF WK DONE LATELY POOR DENTAL HEALTH TO EVEN WITH INSURANCE IT COST ALOT!! THE DENTIST SAID TO ME AFTER MY SECOND VISIT DO U HAVE ALOT OF AXITY WHEN U COME DUH WHTS HIS FIRST CLUE I RIPPED THE ARMS OFF THE CHAIR LOL JOKE! :o HE PERSCIBED ME HALDON WORKS LIKE MAGIC!! MESSES ME UP FOR THE DAY BUT SO WORTH IT!! HOWEVER THE FIRST 2 VISITS I THOUGHT I DID PRETTY GOOD I GUESS THATS WHAT I GE FOR THINKING :lol: BUT I REALLY WAS TONS BETTER THAN EVER BEFORE I JUST DID BREATHING TECH, AND JUST SAID POSITIVE THOUGHTS FROM THE RELAX TAPE IN MY MIND IT REALLY HELPED! GOOD LUCK.....

LyndaLu

Re: I hate going to the dentist !

Post by LyndaLu » Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Okay, so I had so much anxiety about going to the dentist that I canceled my appointment !

Now I keep thinking about how big of a mistake it was to go ahead and cancel !

I will be rescheduling my appointment soon because I just took a look at my teeth this

morning and I could see the plaque build-up on two of my teeth, it was very visible.

I know the reason my teeth and gums are so bad is because I lost my job three years ago

and I am still unemployed. All of my old, regular habits just flew right out the window when

I lost my job and so now I have no normal, daily schedule that I live by. I don't have a go-

to-bed time, a wake-up time, I don't brush my teeth as much as I used to when I was working.

I used to keep a toothbrush at work in my desk just in case I needed to brush my teeth

after my lunch break. Now it is a chore just to break out that toothbrush and that toothpaste

and that floss. You would think that I would know better, being an adult and knowing

that I need to take care of my teeth, but I have been very negligent. I have let myself down

in so many ways since the job layoff, I feel a large weight on my shoulders.

Lynda

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”