started today

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
Iwillbebetter

started today

Post by Iwillbebetter » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:40 pm

Well I finally decided to start today, I wasn't planning on it until Monday, but I was running some errands and decided it was time. Well I wish I would have listened to it sooner. In the first couple minutes she explained what I have been trying to figure out for the past few weeks. I feel a lot better knowing I should be feeling this way. I was starting to think maybe I wasn't doing as well as I thought I was. Almost thought about starting over and going back to one even. Guess that was my "what if" thinking!!!

It also felt good to know I am now past where I had stopped before. I almost feel as though getting past that spot now nothing can stop me. Like if there was anything that could stop me it was session 7. I was able to get past it as much as it "scared" me I am past it and still moving forward!! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Nel01073

Re: started today

Post by Nel01073 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Its great that you went ahead and started session 8 and didnt let the "what if" thoughts keep you from moving forward. I havent started it yet. I took a short "break" last week but hopefully Ill get back on track but it sounds like im be spending some extra time on it. Keep moving forward youre doing great. :)

Iwillbebetter

Post by Iwillbebetter » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks :) Yes gotta keep forwards, I'm done going backwards :) and it's the only other way so... forwards it is :) :)

I hope you are able to get back on track also... You've come so far already! :)
"Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again, and it's a cirlce, circling around again it comes around again...."

Nel01073

Post by Nel01073 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:41 pm

Thanks. Well I lisened to session 8 and realized I "what if"think and anticipate a situation even months ahead of time. Some situations though have been unpleasant in the past or I just know are gonna be difficult to handle and I know I have to be positive about it but I cant help but feel like if im too positive im sort of avoiding reality. :|

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Iwillbebetter wrote: It also felt good to know I am now past where I had stopped before. I almost feel as though getting past that spot now nothing can stop me. Like if there was anything that could stop me it was session 7. I was able to get past it as much as it "scared" me I am past it and still moving forward!! :)
It is totaly normal to feel like going back and re-doing some of the Sessions from start to finish :) . A while back I had
some moments of doubt and I decided to listen to Sessions One through Four all over again - - talk about overkill :!: .
It just all got jumbled up in my mind because I listened to them all on the same day - - sort of like a marathon :lol:
I am glad you got over that "hump" and are moving on past where you had stopped before. I previously did the
program in 2010/2011 and I think I stopped at Chapter 14, but I wasn't really concentrating too much then like I
am TRYING to do now :shock: . Keep up the good work :!: .
Lynda Lu

lucy knepp

Post by lucy knepp » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:48 pm

The chat and forums are so much help
Gotta keep going. I don't like watching movies or shows with violence. I avoid them :roll:

LyndaLu

Post by LyndaLu » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Lucy:
I used to be quite interested in watching television. It used to interest and relax me.
Recently I have had a hard time becoming interested in watching anything on the
television. I don't know why. Maybe I just can't find anything decent to watch, but I
have a million different cable tv channels ! Can you recommend anything good to watch ?
I want to watch something "light" that will make me "feel good".
Lynda :)

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”