Feeling more anxious

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
ChelleRie

Post by ChelleRie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:33 am

I am on Session 8. I have not been as good with keeping up with my normal routine of listening to the relaxaton cd and material as I have just returned from a trip home for Christmas. My Christmas was very stressful and I did not get enough alone time. I was staying with my sister, so alone time was difficult, especially as she kept taking time off from work to hang out with me. I did make an effort to get alone time in.
I am having a lot of relationship anxiety. I had started a new relationship about two months ago and it was going very smoothly. I had ended a relationship just prior as it wasn't going anywhere. Anywhere meaning marriage/family, which is what I have wanted for some time. My ex found out about my new relationship and surprised me with a proposal. I am having a difficult time wrapping my head around it as I had moved on with a different relationship. As I have wanted this for so long, I felt obligated to think about it. I told my new boyfriend, who understandably was hurt by my needing to "think."
So, my anxiety is way up with all this and could use some advice.

Larissa

Post by Larissa » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:19 am

ChelleRie,
Even though I have never had this happen to me, I thought it was quite ironic that it just happened to a good friend of mine. I can tell you what happened in her situation & what she did. She was in a relationship for over 5 years and because he was not making any effort in marrying her, they ended the relationship. She found someone else quickly but was unsure about getting serious with somone else. I remember us talking about it for hours and she eventually started dating him. Well, her ex got into some trouble & of course called her & was trying to get her back. She stayed strong and helped him but did not go back. Now, I don't know your history with your ex and if he is truly ready to marry you. But, you have to take time with making a decision because it will be a lasting one if you get married. Your new boyfriend will understand after a while that you need time to "think" and hopefully he will wait for your decision. If you are Chrisitan, pray to God because He always helps us when we cry out to Him.
The Lord has not given me the spirit of fear but of power, love and a strong mind.

ChelleRie

Post by ChelleRie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:39 am

thank you for this information. How ironic that it happened to your friend. I have been praying and meditating and am looking toward some more quiet time. My ex's family is very unsupportive of our relationship (as they have been unsupportive in any relationship he has ever been in) and that causes a strain. I hit it off right away with the new person I started dating. This is a huge decision and I am going to focus on me. My only concern is missing out. I figure if it is right, it will remain right.

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”