Back to the drawing board

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
garyhermesch52

Back to the drawing board

Post by garyhermesch52 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:26 pm

I played basketball this morning and a guy who has been playing dirty started doing it again. Instead of having a plan to practice being assertive ahead of time and using it, I let it build for awhile and then pushed him aggressively. Of course, just like Lucinda said on the tape he got defensive, starting denying everything, and I got nowhere, although I did actually
feel a little better about at least doing something. Then I listened to the session 8 audio tape and heard her say that at
this point in the program there is usually some confusion and uncertainty since we are moving into new territory, so to speak, with regard to our lack of assertiveness and anxiety, etc. So I just gave myself a break and decided to just be patient with myself and assured myself that it would be OK and next time I will have practiced more and probably will get a result more in line with what I want. I will say something like "I really don't appreciate you doing that, is there a reason why you are? Is there any way we can come to an agreement about this, so we don't disrupt any more games?"

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”