Selfconfidence!!??

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
Didde

Selfconfidence!!??

Post by Didde » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Hi!
I'm in a period of IBS problems and a lot going on around me.
After this program I've come so far and all the panicattacks and symtoms of anxiety is minimum BUT, the big but, when I go out on social activities I always take half of an Imodium, just in case. Not for work but for example meetings or dinners.
I'm so affraid to have to go to the bathroom it's easier to take a pill and not have to worry. I can just be.
So you can see that I'm not totally recovered yet. Now to my biggest problem because I know that the problem is not the bathroom, it's the feeling of lack of control. How do I get trust in myself? How can I get belief that I'm strong enough to be totally recovered? Without getting panic when my body still reacts from memories?
Any ideas?
Didde

Kait

Re: Selfconfidence!!??

Post by Kait » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:48 am

What I try to do is pay attention to the little accomplishments...like maybe you could go an hour or two without using the bathroom...progress not perfection. My dad always says "you are doing much better than you FEEL you are" :)

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”