Cant talk about feelings!!

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
JSherm

Cant talk about feelings!!

Post by JSherm » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:25 pm

I don't know what it is I just feel like I don't have to tell anybody around me how I feel. Im used to being the strong person or at least pretend to be. I don't feel comfortable telling anybody what I'm going through. I'm pretty good at avoiding it and then telling myself I don't have to anyways. Just wish I knew how to approach this.

JSherm

Re: Cant talk about feelings!!

Post by JSherm » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Note: Soon after posting this I realized my father is narcissistic. I'm going to look for books to read so I am educated on the topic.

CourageousKris

Post by CourageousKris » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:26 pm

I know that for me, the reason it's so hard to talk to most people about my anxiet or what I am feeling is that it makes me feel very, very vulnerable. Part of getting over that is not worrying about what other people think of me. I know....I know...so hard to do!!! All I can say is that the more I practice the skills the easier it gets and the better I get.
Remember that loving yourself is a good thing and you don't have to be the strong one all the time. It's okay to be vulnerable and open yourself up to the people in your life. You may be suprised at the outcome.

Best of luck!!!

JSherm

Post by JSherm » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:26 pm

Thanks I definitely feel vulnerable too. I'm getting better at practicing the methods. Especially when I see the positive outcome.

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”