having some generalized anxiety at this point

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
laurasparling63

having some generalized anxiety at this point

Post by laurasparling63 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:52 am

The past few days have been a little more anxiety producing for me....I have not been doing anything that has ever really been "triggering" my panic attacks but for some reason I have been having a nervous feeling all of the time. Does anyone else experience this or have any advice on the subject? Thanks :)

jkulag

Re: having some generalized anxiety at this point

Post by jkulag » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:29 pm

Yes, that happens to me sometimes. All of a sudden I get to feeling more anxious for no apparent reason. This is what has helped me : I look at what I've been eating and thinking about. Sometimes I've had some sugar and it has affected me that way. Sometimes I've heard something that caused me to have an uneasy feeling. I look to see if it's something obvious, like my diet, or too little sleep, hearing something troubling or being around someone whose angry. Or maybe I'm telling myself something that is scaring me (self-talk). If I can't identify anything specific right away, I just tell myself to get involved in something I enjoy and know that the feelings will pass. I try to not give it too much attention. I avoid getting overly analytical about it. As the program teaches, "just float with it". I have found that the less attention I give it, the better. It also helps to do something to burn up some energy. I go for walks or clean the house or clean out my car. And listening to some soothing music is good, too. Joanie

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:57 pm

I like your advice, Joanie! I do the same things! Paislee :mrgreen:

CarolM

Post by CarolM » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:04 pm

yes me to. i was feeling pretty good but just recently having having generalized anxiety.

JSherm

Post by JSherm » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:33 am

Same here. Good point Joanie. I've been feeling a lot better. The tough part is going to work. There are a lot of negative people at my job so I mostly keep to myself and focus on working. Sometimes this gets difficult, but I look at it as an opportunity to practice floating with the anxious feeling. Great time for positive self talk as well. :D

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”