This program is working!!!

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
mbd

This program is working!!!

Post by mbd » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Hey!

So i was very excited to get in the car spontaneously and drive yesterday!
I haven't driven in over a year, it is one of my biggest limitations. I just thought, what the heck, let's see what happens and just start slow and go with whatever feelings I get.
Well I drove around the residential area for quite awhile and found I was (on a scale of 1-10, ten being extremely anxious) I was a 1! I was very calm, was not intimidated by other drivers, had no negative thoughts what so ever.
I didn't push it by going on really busy roads, just going to take things slow and enjoy the relaxation I never anticipated to feel behind the wheel.

I was very surprised and excited to have no problems at all.
This gives me great hope, and I wanted to share this small miracle with you in hopes it comforts others on this same path to recovery and freedom.

mramirez10

Re: This program is working!!!

Post by mramirez10 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:22 pm

That is so awesome! Way to go. I too feel this program is helping. I don't have any limitations that I can think of, but my anxiety is deffinately getting better.

mbd

Post by mbd » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:47 pm

That's wonderful! My limitations keep diminishing as each week passes. It's a slow process at first but then you really start to see changes and it is very inspiring!

ladyjeweler

Post by ladyjeweler » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:56 pm

That's great! I did something similar to this myself. I drove from my hometown to the next town over, more than 20 miles. I was calm, I did the speed limit and didn't panic. It was wonderful, I've never been able to do that in my life! I was so scared to drive, I don't have my license. Now instead of being scared to drive, I want to practice and I'm looking forward to getting my license in the spring.
I've also noticed I stand up straighter, I see more positive things about myself, I haven't had a panic attack for two weeks. I just feel mentally stronger. I feel like I can handle things now, bad or good.

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”