Negative Thoughts and Guilt

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
Las Vegas

Negative Thoughts and Guilt

Post by Las Vegas » Thu May 19, 2011 2:40 pm

First time post... I am new to the program and am experiencing some things that are quite foreign tome. I was the type that everyone wanted to be around, the life of the party friends laughs etc. Lately i have been overwhelmed with negative thoughts about my children falling ill or myself being sick. Its consuming my life. i have a good paying job, albeit stressful but whose isn't, two beautiful healthy children, and the most supporting loving wife in the world.
I consume myself with guilt for having such a wonderful position which leads to the thoughts of someone taking it away from me so i get anxious which leads to depression. i cant seem to live in the moment... im a worrier.
it it comforting to see similar issues in this room any feedback from success stories is welcomed.

Paisleegreen

Re: Negative Thoughts and Guilt

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon May 30, 2011 5:49 pm

I've had to stop worrying as well. Or looking too far into the future, sometimes I don't realize that that is what I'm doing. I'm just worrying about "things" period. Or when things need to get done for an event or something I start to get anxious feelings while thinking of all of what I need to do to get ready, whether is it wearing the right clothes or getting a room organized or weeding my garden. This is a new experience since last year so I've really had to work on not What if ing. I guess the best thing is to prepare the best you can and hope for the best as this is mentioned either by Lucinda or one of her guest people on the CD.

I've had many devastating things happen to me since I got married, I've worked through it and I'm still here and now I'm more experienced in life and my patience and faith has been tested. So I have to remember that even now, that things will work out.

I've been off my main anti-depressants for a year. So things are a bit harder to do, but I've also aged a year as well and changes in my family dynamics has caused some stress. But this program helps me to "stay in the present" the best I can and take Baby Steps. Paislee :)

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”