fear of ppl seeing body symptoms

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
colycole

fear of ppl seeing body symptoms

Post by colycole » Sat May 07, 2011 1:09 pm

I am really working hard thru this program. But I have the fear that ppl will see the body symptoms I feel inside. I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin. I noticed that my eyes will get wild looking when I feel like I am losing control. Does anyone else experience this. Does anyone else feel like they are floating on air and unsteady? I question sometimes that something is wrong with me and no one will listen to me. Help does anyone know what I am going thru?

dancedream

Re: fear of ppl seeing body symptoms

Post by dancedream » Mon May 30, 2011 3:39 am

Hello,
I go through the same stuff. Just today, I felt like my self wanted to run away from my body. I feel like Im walking and im stuck in my own body and that Im just floating in the air. It is a scary feeling but I want to let you know that you are not alone. And nothing is wrong with you, you are perfectly fine, I have done alot of research regarding this particular feeling and its just your brain's way of taking care of itself. Try not to think about the feelings that much and dont anticipate its next manifestation. Know that you have come out of it before and you have survived. How long have you been feeling like this? Days? weeks? years?...I began experiencing them at age 10, since then (18yrs ago), it comes and goes. Try to pin point what makes you feel like this? I hope you are doing better! God bless!

sjohnpaul

Post by sjohnpaul » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:34 am

I feel the body symptoms almost all of the time; mostly burning sensations in my shoulders, arms and neck. When the anxiety is high it feels like I when to get out of my skin. I notice when I exercise, the pain is gone. Probably because I'm focused in the moment and taking care of myself. When I'm occupied, the symptoms seem to vanish. Constantly facing fear does not make us cowards. I believe that dealing with this condition is making us stronger. Who cares if people see the symptoms, we are braver than them, we face and challenge our fears. Many continue to run, or drink and forget about them. Not us, we stand up against fear which produces our anxiety, then we fight. We are strong.

awake2

Post by awake2 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:05 am

I really like your post about facing our fears, and how we are strong for that. It's nice to hear because it's true.

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”