The Challenge...Lesson 8

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
THH

Post by THH » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Paisleegreen,
LOL...lacking hormones lady! Boy there are alot of us out here! LOL... :D
Sounds like my dad was sorta like yours. My dad is 77 and he won't go to the Dr. who knows what he might have but hes happy and won't take anything even if he has a cold. He has a shot of brandy in his coffee, hes happy what the heck! LOL...

I hope you get your tapes soon, you will like the information they give you. I have been posting the cards when Mike starts each session. You can order them from the company I think its 10.00 for just the cards. Just in-case you may want a laminated one to carry with you as a reminder. :)

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Sorry I was planning to make lesson 9 earlier in the day so I guess lesson 9 starts tomorrow.

Here is the link to lesson 9

The Challenge...Lesson 9

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

THH

Post by THH » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Mike,
I did not think about it, upsetting you. Did I? I hope you know that I would never mean to do that! I have valued you so much and have felt so comfortable writing to you, I think of you as my friend. I think we do toss things out here to hear what each other thinks, but as Karen so nicely said, its just opinions. I hope there is no offense taken as for me, that is never my intention.

I think you offer great knowledge and feed back and views that may differ or agree with other post. That is what makes all of this so good! :)

I am excited to hear your thoughts on worry! Its Friday so I know you will lead us off on a new journey. Looking forward to it!

Karen,
You sound GOOD! Play the field girl! Meet lots of different people and see how it feels to be treated by different guys. One might really stand out from the rest!

Gotta say again...It is a process. We didn't get to this point in a week or a month and to change our thinking takes time too. Be content of your accomplishments! There is more to come!

I'm with ya, the worry will be a good one. Staying in the moment is harder than it sounds. but I do find I can stay in it longer stretches of time then before. When I let worry and what ifs go, I seam to have alot of time that can be used to think of what I want to do, more positive things. Then I do feel better and stronger like I can do this.

I had a busy week. The weather has been super and our business has stayed busy longer due to all the fall trail riders still riding. It was getting me a bit stressed as I started panicking it almost Thanksgiving / xmas. All the things to do. I remember that perfect tape, with the expectations of the holidays and pulled the plug on the pressure I was starting to lay on myself.
This is going to be a better year for me as I have so much more awareness, I just have to stay focused! We have each other too. That is a comfort!

I'll let you know when I see it! LOL.... :cool:

Have a good night everyone!

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Karen L;

It sounds like you are similar to me in that you get afraid of being stuck and not being able to leave if you really need to. What-if I can't leave and all these people see me freak out or lose it? What-if I embarass myself? What-if I collapse or have to get to the hospital? Is it kind of like this? Well I hope its not to get out of the atmosphere and out into space! There isn't anymore more outside then that! I have however felt the same way with wanting to get out when already outside too.

You're very right about what you said about my friend's response, thank you. I wasn't so much second guessing myself or thinking I was doing it wrong. I was just really angry and was thinking more like "how can you be so insensitive?", "who do you think you are telling me what I'm doing is right or not". I'm still working on the approval thing myself but it isn't half as bad as it used to be.

Awe thank you so much! I feel alot diffrent and I do feel more confident about myself and I'm not taking things to heart even half as much as I used to. I guess I am trusting myself more! Thinking back to how I was 6 years ago the relying on people's opinions, judgements and advice was an understatement!

Its an awesome show and I'm glad you liked the clip. I can lead you to a website where you can watch the episodes from day 1. I didn't even think about your daughter when I posted this, I'm glad it helped!

I'm a taurus, i'm very sensual. I agree with what you have to say about being aware and appologizing if the person gets uncomfortable but I think a party is not a good place to do it. Perhaps small gatherings and such.

Paisleegreen;

symptoms of course? Your mother in law got excited because you were having a miscarriage? I think i'm really confused right now.

It doesn't sound like it bothered you too much then. Or am I wrong?

Sorry sometimes I just don't get people's jokes online. I usually do though and thank you for the praise :)

Your dad talked to you about how to use your tone of voice? REally? Did he follow that too? That must have been hard for your mother to manage! I'm assuming she didn't have alot of alone time. That does sound shocking for your dad to act that way when you consider him great when growing up.

Mike

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:58 pm

THH;

No I wasn't being sarcastic and I wasn't offended. It sounded like you were really worried that you might have offended me. Like I said I appreciate the feedback. Part of overcoming this condition is to accept the good and the crap and to work with them and on them.

Mike

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:32 pm

I was feeling a bit down and sad today.....just kinda allowed myself to accept it and just kinda floated through the day....
but I am feeling 100% better now after visiting the link Mike posted in the next lesson!!! this had to have been some divine intervention :)

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:37 pm

Yay for divine intervention! What exactly was it that was making you feel sad?

Mike

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:55 pm

THH

thanks!!! I have been having a better week....still difficult, but I am enjoying the rewards of pushing myself a bit and using the skills :)

Play the field....I love the stuff you come up with :) make me feel like a high school girl lol :) I really have been putting alot of thought into relationships and what I want and what I have to offer....I am definitely not going to settle....I think I am finally realizing that Im ok with it just being me and the kids.....yes, I would really like someone in my life.....but I dont want it if its not right.....and if I need to meet 100 people before I find the right one, then so be it lol :) also, I think I am finally looking at relationships as more of a friendship first, where before it had to be a physical attraction first.....maybe if I take the time to really get to know people I will be on the right track...I'll just have to wait and see...no expectations :)

what exactly does your business involve?? do you stay open all year??
I am having the family (parents, sisters, and their families) over for Thanksgiving, so I know how easy it is to start to get stressed...that is awesome that you were able to pinpoint that it was starting to bother you and how quickly you diffused it!! congrats!!!

we all will have a better year :) I can tell you are on your way just by the positive outlook of your posts :) we will keep each other on track and focused :)

I see you have your sunglasses already on...must be expecting to find that light real soon :D

have a nice week-end THH...we have at least 1 more day to enjoy the beautiful weather :)

this group has really helped me alot!!!
thank you everyone!!!

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:09 pm

THH-Thanks for your fun comments! :D Funny, when I went forward to reply, I forgot what I was replying about! ;) :eek: :D Okay, thanks for letting me know about the cards and that is what is being typed on here.

Sorry about your Dad, they are funny sometimes. Mine passed away at age 92 1/2. He was quite active all his days and never gained an ounce of weight. Genetics. Geesh! I'm hoping I can cash in on some of that, but I do have a bit of my Mom in me too. ;) My neck is aching from my yard work yesterday, so I better sign off. CYA, tomorrow gang! :) Paislee

Karen L

Post by Karen L » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Mike

oh...I was just feelin a bit lonely today....started off as anger directed back at the ex for the past...I tried to figure out where the anger was coming from because I was not liking the way it was making me feel.....and I came up with I was just feeling lonely and sad....so I just kinda gave myself permission to feel that way....but I really am feeling 100% better now after watching the video....it really was like you were reading my mind when you posted it, knowing I needed it :)

I have to say that you had me laughing so hard by your response about space and there isnt anymore outside then that :D you really get where I am coming from :) its so funny how we talk about things in here that really scared the crap out of us and actually see the humor in it :) this is really helping me to understand and deal with my anxiety....for the first time in my life I can actually say and believe that I am the one that has caused my own anxiety all of these years....and with that I now really believe that I have the power to change it and recover!!! I feel that I finally do have control over my own life....and what a powerful and freeing feeling it is :)

I know the approval thing is hard for you...it's hard for me too....we're just here to remind each other we dont need the approval of others :) we have all the approval we will ever need right inside ourselves :)

your welcome Mike!! you definitely are a stronger, more independent person now....I really do see the change :)

I am going try to start watching Glee....I did find a few sites to catch up on what I missed...thanks :)

you do whatever you think is right Mike...trust your gut feeling...I trust your judgement and you should too :)

have a great week-end!!!

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”