Bad Dream

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
ASJ

Post by ASJ » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:44 am

Hello everyone I'm on session eight and was doing alright I had this really bad dream that I just can't get away from I know it is a dream but find myself feeling really guilt about it. I listened to session eight over and over and to the relaxsaion tapes they help. Has any one else experienced this and what helped you get through this.

ASJ need some help.

Bob-o Bingo

Post by Bob-o Bingo » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:38 am

Hey ASJ,

It's only a dream. Dreams aren't reality--unless you're Holy Moses in the flesh. Maybe it was something that you ate just before hitting the hay.

I'd avoid eating right before bedtime--especially protein-rich food. There's nothing like eating a big cheese pizza at bedtime to help create vivid dreams. Your body has to work hard to digest food when you want to sleep, and that sets-up a condition where you will sleep very lightly--and you'll be more likely to remember your dreams. Proteins take around four hours to clear the stomach.

Other ingredients to help create vivid dreams: 1--give your mind some input right before bedtime and you may well dream about that input. (You did that!)

2--Sleep without an alarm to wake you up. This will promote light sleep at the end of your sleeping cycle, and you would be inclined to remember your dreams under those conditions.

3--Sleep on your back or stomach. Those positions promote lighter sleep (and better memory of your dreams).

Sweet dreams, ASJ!!!

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”