Completed Session 8

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
Dominick

Post by Dominick » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:20 pm

:D I ended session 8 and learned to change what if thinking to what if empowerment and picture the color green and use breathing techniques to combat the what if thinking. I also used positive self talk and six steps to ending a panic attack. Both of these techniques helped me stop the what if thinking.

GoodDave

Post by GoodDave » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:57 pm

That's awesome, Dominick. Way to go!
-Dave-

"Because the plot thickens every day, and the pieces of my puzzle keep crumbling away. But I know there's a picture beneath."

Bob-o Bingo

Post by Bob-o Bingo » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 am

Originally posted by Dominick:
:D I ended session 8 and learned to change what if thinking to what if empowerment and picture the color green and use breathing techniques to combat the what if thinking. I also used positive self talk and six steps to ending a panic attack. Both of these techniques helped me stop the what if thinking.
Hmmm... both of those techniques? You've mentioned around ten steps/techniques! And I've listened to Session 8 and I've gone thru the workbook for Session 8, but I still don't know what in the heck GREEN has to do with anything! What's wrong here? I'm clueless!

LemmyPJS

Re: Completed Session 8

Post by LemmyPJS » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Bob-O B,
in one of the exercise, Lucinda talks about breathing and adding the thought and word of "green" to the number..

Inhale "1,001 Green", "1,002 Green"
Exhale 1001 Green, 1002 Green, 1003 Green, 1004 Green

thats what the reference to Green is

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”