Feelng weird today...

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
sherry789

Post by sherry789 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:13 pm

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to sound off today. I feel weird today, but I am giving myself permission to feel weird. Session 8 is exactly what I needed at this stage in the program. I was afraid of the body symptoms while driving because my first panic attack was in the car, on the freeway, on the way to work. For those of you who live in the Bay Area in California, you know what our freeways are like (101 in particular). Everyone seems to be in a hurry and that made me anxious after the panic attack. I drive onthe freeway these days, and now I'm working on going to big stores alone (Costco, Home Depot, Bevmo). I feel that I could benefit from a "group" in the Santa Clara County area. Anyone know of such a group? There, I am feeling better already.
:)

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:05 am

I just read this post, and its been two years almost since I last posted it.
I can TOTALLY go into stores like Costco and Bevmo, ALL BY MYSELF! I can't believe that I used to avoid going places.
I am a little anxious today, and I was yesterday (I am stressed and confused about some personal issues) and I am afraid that I will not be able to get back to "normal" which is always my fear if I feel anxious for a couple of days, or the greater part of a day. I am afraid that the feelings will never go away despite everything I know.
I come here when I am feeling anxious.
I take Xanax occasionally, like if I am flying (there is one hurdle I am not over yet- I HATE flying but I do it anyway and I take Xanax and have cocktails on the plane to help..it WORKS but i'd rather calm myself down without the aid of alcohol or meds, of course).
I know that I will be ok, and that whatever is bothering me will be ok too. I have come so far already and there isn't anywhere else to go but further.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:22 am

sherry be proud that you have accomplished so much already, we all have rough days but they pass just keep up the great work your doing and you will continue to grow. Good job.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:24 am

I am feeling a bit weird today, i'm sure it's for good reasons.

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”