Please help me i am so scared

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
helenmelon

Post by helenmelon » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:26 pm

Tomorrow I am going to get my gallbladder removed and I am so scared. I am scared to be put to sleep and never wake up. I have attacks and they are very painful so it is something I have to do can anyone help me ease my mind. I just dont want to be put to sleep it is only a 45 min surgrey but I am still scared

corky1

Post by corky1 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:43 pm

Helen, please try and not be so scared. I have had the surgery and was fine. I only had a little discomfort. I had it on Tuesday before Thanksgiving, went home from the hospital on Wednesday, and was out shopping at the mall on Friday after Thanksgiving. Please try and think positive. You will feel so much better afterwards. Please let me know how it goes. I will pray for you but nothing is going to happen to you.

God bless you and take care.

Missiletoes = Missi

Sandee_B

Post by Sandee_B » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:46 pm

hello helenmelon

I know how you feel I had to have some surgery a few years back and it was very scary. Try to listen to relaxation tape, practice your breathing and give yourself permission to be anxious. If you can try and distract yourself with a good book or a funny Tv program or movie.

You must need to have your gallbladder removed because your having problems. Hopefully you will begin to feel better after its removed. I will say a prayer for you that all goes well. When your feeling better, let us know how it went.

Take care and God Bless.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:54 pm

Dear Helenmelon,

I will say a prayer for you and will place a white light with a circle of angels around you for your protection. You will be fine...just tell yourself there is nothing to worry about and you will feel so much better because of it.

Hugs and Blessings to you

Barbara U. Cherish

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:00 pm

Hi. I think anyone in their right mind would be scared before surgery! I know I would be anyway. My husband had his gall bladder removed last year and you're right it takes about 45 minutes. His was done as an out patient. Try to think about how much better your life will be without the flare ups and pain. When my anxiety was at it's worst, any fear turned itself into BIG fear if you know what I mean. I was literally afraid of my own fear because I used to let it consume me. Tell your family you need some extra hugs or whatever would feel good to you right now. You could try to focus some attention on some one else even if it is just watching a cartoon sitting with a child in your lap. Its ok to have some worry about this but try to release the "crazy" fear that comes with having anxiety. Millions of folks have had their gall bladder out and they did just fine with it. It is entirely likely that you will be fine as well. All you have to do is show up at the doctors office. The rest is out of your control and will be handled by professional people who know what they are doing. You really will be ok.I will be thinking about you. Let us know how your doing when you get a chance.

CarolM

Post by CarolM » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:01 pm

I am so sorry. I don't have any wordds of wisdom for you. But after I read your post I just wanted to tell you that I am thinking of you. I guess you just have to have faith in the doctors. and know that they are experienced and know what they are doing. I have never had surgery myself but have had to go thru it with my son 3 different times and he has been put to sleep a total of 4 times(once he broke his arm) and he has always come out just fine. I hope just knowing someone is thinking of you helps.let me know how it goes.

Emma Rose

Post by Emma Rose » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:12 pm

Everything will be okay, the best part about being put to sleep is that it is the best sleep you'll ever get, I had a hearnia operation and I wish I could sleep as good on a regular basis.
You will do fine.
[COLOR:PINK]|||Progress... Not Perfection|||[/COLOR]

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:12 pm

Yes you are right to be anxious....all of us would. But you will be given something to relax. 99% of people receive that. There was another woman on here this morning who's mother had the same surgery...it was posted in the spiritual site. Guess what....Mom is doing great! Stay focused on the positive sides of this....and just think tomorrow night you'll be writing us saying YOU DID IT!!! Helen I don't know if you believe in prayer....Please let me know if you would like prayer. Prayer is powerful as someone who is willing to receive it!

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:22 pm

I had gall bladder surgery about 10 years ago and I have to tell you it was a pretty simple procedure. Of course, I was more afraid of the panic attacks that I was anticipating after the surgery than I was the actual surgery. And, I did have a lot of anxiety and panicky feelings during that night that I had to stay over in the hospital, but I got through it and got to go home the next morning.
I think the best advice that I can give you is to eat very small amounts after your surgery. Even now I can only eat small portions at a time or I will have a lot of stomach discomfort.
I'm certain that you will do just fine with the surgery part, and just use the techniques in the program to get through the rest of it.
I also had to have surgery (a partial hysterectomy) this past September. The surgery wasn't bad, but man oh man did it set off the panic and anxiety stuff again and that is what finally lead me to here. I got back into that old habit of worrying all the time about health issues and have been pretty miserable with myself until just a few weeks ago when I started this program. I have to say that I am feeling much better already and can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Hang in there, get through the surgery and use the skills that hopefully you have learned and you will be feeling much better in no time! Honestly, the recovery part of the surgery is a piece of cake!
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and with all of us pulling for you, you just gotta know that you are going to get through this and be good as new!
Wishing you a speedy recovery,
Sandy

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:23 pm

I just want to let you know that you're in my thoughts, and I will be so glad to hear from you tomorrow or the next day that everything is fine. Maybe all of our positive thoughts can help replace your negative ones since it's hard for you. That will be my prayer. Beverly

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”