worry - the heat & a vacation

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
recovering

Post by recovering » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:24 am

OK anyone get worried about handling the heat and humidity? we are in a stretch right now with no forseable end. I don't do well with heat and humidity so I'm trying not to stress and worry. This is especially a problem because my hubby is going away for 6 nights starting next Wed. and I'll be alone with my 2 kids (5,8) I also need to work. ARGH. I know there's no point in worrying about the future, to stay in the present but I can't seem to stop it (I'd say about 30-50% of the time). It's making me a more anxious this week. Suggestions are always welcome!

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:29 am

My wife can't stand heat and humidity either, so I know what she would do in your situation. You'll feel better if you do some things and make some plans for next week that will help you deal with it, such as: 1. Take the kids to anywhere with water - the beach, water park, community pool, etc. 2. anyplace with great air conditioning - the theater, the mall, etc. A cool place the kids will enjoy will help you do two things - keep them busy and you cool! Often, just making comforting plans ahead for yourself that you can look forward to can help relieve the bad anticipation feelings you are feeling now. It is O.K. to be kind to yourself.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:58 am

When my husband would need to be gone offten 10 days at a time, I realized my kids would miss him too, not just me. and they needed more of my time to make of for the time he was gone from them as well. We did thing together, we made cookies, to freeze for so they could take them to school, and we went shopping, and in the eavening, we played bord games, chinees checkers, and dominoes, put puzels toghther, any thing that we could all do together, We also had 4-H projects, in the heat and humidity, you don't realy need to be athletic, Love is always spelled time.

chadrukus

Post by chadrukus » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:54 pm

I am with you. I hate the heat and humidty. What's worse for me is that I am pregnant. I have been staying inside as much as possible, just going to car, work and home. That's it. The heat where I live has been unhealthy with unhealthy air quailty so I don't even go to the pool. It has made it easier.

I also feel for you that your husband is out of town. Mine used to travel a lot and I couldnot sleep at night. I have worked hard to not depend on him as my 'safe person'. I was getting much better with that but now that I am pregnant, some of that is coming back.

I agree with the previous poster, stay inside and do some activities with your kids. Try and stay cool as much as possible and good luck!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:36 am

I HATE the heat & humidity !! I stayed inside for at least 2 years because of it. I finally got to the point that i said to myself, " Im tired of being inside !!" So after I got home from my air conditioned job, I would go outside & sit in front of a fan. It was still hot, but My body slowly got used to the heat. And i knew i could escape inside when ever i needed to. It made it easier for me to deal w/ the heat. I still dont like it, but at least im able to deal w/ it for longer.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:22 am

Dear babydolll;
Good for you!!!!! being outside in the sunshine is so impoerant, I am reading that America is so depleated in Vitamin D. because no one goes out side any more, and the SPF is blocking the Vitamin D too. people are slathering that on, and it hasn't proven to protect from cancer any way. Dr. Bearfoot has said that for years and now sience is proving it. We should all be out side (in bekini's, according to Dr. Bearfoot) for at least 15 minuets a day. and no glas between us and the sun. not even galsses. I have to spend my 15 minuets sitting as I don't see all that well without my glasses, but in the 4 years I have been practicing holistic health, my sight has improved, dramaticly, surprising my optomitrist. in the winter I have started taking supplemtall vitamin D. but for the summer I will be back outside, we just got AC last year, and it is nice to have a cool place to rest, especially at night. but we don't turn it up, we need to concerve energy in every way we can.
A.C. is one of the main things that is crippling us in this affluent nation, in so many ways.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:20 pm

Hello there Cheri:
So good to hear from you!
I'm so glad that it has gotten warm enough to walk outside and enjoy the sunshine. But come July and August I will likely opt for the A/C.

Take care.
Post more often!!
MaryJane

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”