Anticpatory anxiety and the what ifs

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
bna

Post by bna » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:06 am

Hello everyone and Happy 4th of July. I had a quick question for anyone out there who maybe able to offer some suggestions. I just learned that my ex-boy friend who I dated many years ago, baby died of childhood cancer when only a few months ago. I am so upset over it. I feel so bad for his wife and him. Although we did not end ona good note, I have wished him good luck. They are holding a walk/road race to raise money and awareness. I would like to go and support them but I am afarid I may have a panic attack or start crying because I am so saddened by this tragedy. Do I go to show support or should I just send a donation? I am afraid that I might become overly emotional. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Take care and God Bless.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:06 pm

This sounds familiar since I recently had to decide if I should go to my Ex's funeral. He was murdered by an acquaintance of ours. We had dated for almost 14 years and it was hell. We left on a bad note and I felt horrible not going to his funeral to pay respects to his family, but I knew that it would make my anxiety worse and I have to take care of me. If your anxiety will get worse and you think you cannot handle it, just send a donation. There is no reason to make your anxiety bad when you can prevent it. No matter what, you cannot bring back his child.

Carolyn Dickman

Post by Carolyn Dickman » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:21 pm

Participate to the extent that you can and enjoy being able to help out and make a difference.

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”