Excitement or Anxiety?

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:33 am

I don't know about all of you but the holidays make me very anxious and I worry alot. So I thought that maybe session 8 would help...well it helped sooo much that I wanted to share.

Did you know that feelings of excitement and anxiety produce the same chemical in the brain that's called Adrenaline. I was blown away by this because I didn't remember hearing this my first go around with the program ( this is my 2nd).

"What if" thinking leads to an adrenalyn response which creates the panic that we feel. What if thinking makes you FEEL like your not in control or doomed, victom thinking.

These are all negative responses and thinking. What if you turned that around and used positive thinking. This is all on the audio cd.

Lucinda says what if you got on that air plane and had a great flyight. what if you went to that party and had the time of yout life! think to yourself about something that you use to enjoy BEFORE the anxiety or panic attacks.

I believe we all at one time BEFORE this anxiety liked doing things. What happened??? What happened was instead of seeing it as excitement we started seeing it as FEAR. the body symptoms scared us.

I remember when I loved Christmas....I was EXCITED about everything that goes with it. What happened? I turned it into a neg. behavoir pattern...which made it something to FEAR
instead of something I ENJOYED. I didn't do it on purpose...it just happened. Now we have a way out and this program will teach you that.

Something I found interesting the other day was...Oprah had Tom Cruise on her show. She ask him, when you start a new movie does that make you nervous? He said no I get EXCITED about it.
I didn't think much about it until the next day when I did this session. It truly amazed me that the very same thing he said is what Lucinda teaches in this session. This program was in the 90's I think and what I hered the day before was in 2008...That blowed me away. That wasn't coinsedence...that was meant for me to here.

I justed wanted to share that with you all. Just in case someone is suffering from all the
worry that the holidays can bring.

Monday I was very depressed and by Wednesday( after listening to the cd) I was feeling totally different ( better). That's why I felt so strong about sharing this with all of you. If it only helpes one person it was worth sharing my story.

I can honestly say that NOW I am looking forward to christmas this year...truly amazing! and all it took was me putting forth the effort of listening to that cd :)
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:06 am

It all comes down to how we view and perceive things doesn't it? Somewhere along the line we skewed the meaning of anxiety and excitement in our heads. Possibly because we felt it was ok to be excited over things as children, but as adults we were supposed to be more serious??? I saw the Oprah show also with Tom Cruise and I noticed his answer right away was excitement and not nervousness. No wonder his career has done so well if this is how he views the events in his life - with excitement and not fear.

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:35 am

You got it Mary! You go girl haha ;) and for anyone else who see this and thinks I don't get it. I promise you...you will. Why I say that is because I'm like the lady on one of the tapes. I thought I was the worsed one that could ever have this and could never get better. But I am getting better and you will too!! It may not be when you want it but if you want it bad enough it will come in due time.

Also Mary...that last statement you made is so true. Just think if "WE" changed our views. something to think about :roll:

xxashxx1206

Post by xxashxx1206 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:21 am

Wow Karen just reading your post has made me want to see things in a different way, instead of constant fear about things, lets view it as Excitement! Im really happy you posted this. =)

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:33 am

I was well aware of all this after the session that talked about viewing things as excitement, but it seems I still need to be reminded! I was going to an office Christmas party with ex co workers and felt like I was getting anxious beforehand. I realized that I was not nervous but excited to see all my old friends. It's almost like I thought I was too "grownup" to feel excited about something so simple so I labeled it nervousness instead. How silly! It's perfectly ok to get excited about something like you were a kid sometimes - nothing wrong with that. I found it odd that I actually had to give myself permission to feel like that!

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:42 pm

I went to a christmas party last night. I wasn't sure if I would be able to go but I made it. I listend to the tape on guilt and worry that day before I went. That helped alot too. We worry sooo much about what other people think about us until it makes us sick! I can't remember if it was session 8 or the one on guilt but lucinda talks about how everybody has something they don't like about there self. We think we are the only ones with problems. Not trying to sound mean but...think about it......
Everybody has done something in there life that they regret or are embarressed about. And I believe we are all insecure about something or scared about something. Why do we think we are different??? I think that has helped me so much to realize that everyone is facing a battle. Life is full of struggles.
Something I remember Ken talking about on session 8 was. When something good happened in his life. It was like he was waiting for something bad to happen. Like it can't always be good. I could relate to that sooo much. I have always thought like that. i'm not saying there will always be blue skys and rainbows. But it's the kind of ATTITUDE you have when faced with a challenge. Like Lucinda say's you have a fork in the road you have a choice. Which choice will it be. One that will help you feel better or one you know will only make you feel bad. I'm so amazed at how much I am getting out of the program the second time around. I know I am rambling on and on. I guess it's because I see things changing in my life and I get so excited that I want to share it with others.

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:00 pm

I got a lot more out of the program the second time also. It was as if the first time I absorbed the information, and the second time I was able to really apply it and see the results in day to day events. Hey, I even went thru it a third time (quick review) just in case! lol Can't hurt right?

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”