Just need support

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
Lambert

Post by Lambert » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:38 pm

Hi all,

I was doing really well for awhile but for the last week or so haven't been doing as well.I haven't been exercising as diligently as I was so I know I can probably attribute some of the increased anxiety/depression to that.

I was also with my boyfriend for almost 3 years and broke up with him 2 months ago.When we were dating I was having doubts about him for about a year and finally got sick of my ignoring the little voice inside my head and broke up with him.I felt like I could not be myself around him and I also felt that he was not being himself either - that he had changed too.Also, recognizing that I was severley depressed I felt like my top priority in life needs to be getting better!!! However, lately I have been feeling lonely and regretful for breaking up with him.I am not sure if this is natural and I am just grieving the loss or if this is my anxiety talking.

I also am having difficulties at work - getting things done and making decisions.Instead of making decisions I am more likely to ask someone else their opinion first.

I DO have faith in this program and I DO have faith I am going to get better.I have an excellent family and a couple of close friends I can divulge my insecurities to.Does anyone have any advice for what I can do to regain the momentum I had with the program?

I am going to start exercising again and I was thinking about joining an anxiety support group in my neighborhood.

Thanks for your support,

Angela

aim1974

Post by aim1974 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:55 pm

Well it sounds to me like you are a very smart person! I think it is very normal to have these feelings after being with someone for 3 years. There will always be a little part that will miss him and care for him but I think you made the right decision. Keep going strong! Its also normal to get down sometimes everyone does. Just hang in there EVERYTHING PASSES WITH TIME!

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:56 pm

Hello,
I too have lost some momentum. I just finished #4. I had a really good week last week. Several things hit me over the weekend and I am having some anxiety again., I think the best thing to do is just to regroup , review, and get to work. I am so thankful for this program. God bless. Jen
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

derfy

Post by derfy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:40 pm

Hi Everyone, I too am feeling "stuck" right now. I seemed to be doing quite well but am now on session 9 and just seem to be stuck here. No motivation. Also, the feelings of intense depression have hit me again, it really is a terrible feeling and you feel you'll never feel better again. I really don't want to live feeling like this. How do I get over this "bump"? Any thoughts out there? Thanks.
Joy
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves...
who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be? --Unknown
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/loveyouguysWave.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/ValHeartsSmiHug.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/SigTags/LynneCocoaMo-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi Joy, have you tried writing down your thoughts and trying to find out what they mean on paper? I know Lucinda says that a lot on the tapes, but it really is true. It really helped me when I was in a depression after I was separated. Let me know if this helps.

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:11 pm

Thank you for your responses and thank you for telling me I sound like a smart person - people with anxiety benefit from compliments like this as sometimes we are forgetful and do not tell ourselves! I have chosen to be proud of every moment, every day I get through - as these are signs I am surviving and getting through this difficult time!

Joy, sometimes it helps me to become action-oriented. I struggle more with depression than anxiety and I'm not sure if you are the same.Working out, cleaning my house, running errands.I know this is much easier said than done and I struggle with the motivation to become action-oriented too! I also think it is probably natural to lose momentum at some time in the program, I've read many a posts with people outlining the very same problem! Joy - you are doing Great - I've read so many of your posts and you are an inspiration! Don't give up - I KNOW You can do it.

If you need to private message me, please do - I would love to hear from you.

Angela

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”