work/stress/anxiety

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
xrockinrollkidx

Post by xrockinrollkidx » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:15 pm

Lately work has been a prison to me with fear and anxiousness. I am always waiting to pass out, i feel dizzy, and check my pulse religiously making sure I'm still alive... I get through the day's but it's very hard to pretend nothing is wrong in-front of my co-workers when deep inside I'm a complete mess.

Anyone have a game plan or something you use to get through these problems if anyone experiences these?
thanks.

My Path to Peace

Post by My Path to Peace » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:34 pm

Have you done session 2? Maybe you could use these techniques even when you are just feeling weird or anxious also. All you can do is try to use these skills and talk yourself through it. You know it will be ok it always is . You'll make it through the day. Look forward to going home and what you will do after work. And do something fun or relax when you get off. Maybe it is your job it's self or someone there that is adding to your anxiety. Maybe there is some way to change or improve your job.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:57 pm

Hey Rock,
You might need to take a few deep breaths when you get a free minute @ work but the great thing for me is that I work at home every once in a while . Have you told your boss
about any of this ? I hope that you can as he or she may or may not be understanding but at least it'll be out there for them in a way that
they may appreciate sooner or later. The 2nd thing you might consider would be attnding EA meetings. Go to emotionsanonymous.com for more details as I've been in the program almost 12 years & it really helps as the'll have meetings
in your local area but if not try & get in online if at all possible

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:41 pm

I FEEL YOUR PAIN. IS IT YOUR BOSS?

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:32 am

:)Howdy every body
I know what it is like to be stressed and anxiety at work. I went through it last year in Oct., Nov.,Dec.2009. I still get stressed some time but I have not had any anxiety because of being on meds. I still working on the things I need to do to with stress. I am feeling better every week.
Martha

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:41 am

I too feel this way.. I am much better this week for some reason. I was so anxious about making a mistake, which is weird I have been at my job forever.. I try to think of "who cares" everyone makes mistakes.

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”