WINNING THE WHAT IF WAR!!!!

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
cream cheese

Post by cream cheese » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:39 pm

Yes, The what IFS, Never seem to fade off.
I ponder on a thought and think and think
My strength in God and pulling out of this mind numbing discord in my mind is slowing down but not fast enough for me.....something or someone usually puts a monkey wrench into the whole works. BUT....its myself I have to blame, I have been successfully struggling with the WHAT IF WAR......I have met the enemy and the enemy is losing!!!! The battles are sometimes small and sometimes big....but the duration is less.
creamcheese

Jean.T.R

Post by Jean.T.R » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:55 am

Cream cheese...I know how you feel, I've always been a what if person but I've started to get it under control with a lot of self talk. Most of my what if's never happen so I put myself through agony for nothing. This is what I hang on to when I start what ifing, wait and see what happens, it can't be that bad and it usually isn't. I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel. Jean. T. R

Gisette

Post by Gisette » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:37 pm

I have such trouble seeing my projections as "what ifs". Because I never use those words in them. Maybe "projections" is a better term for me... If this happens, then that will happen, and... complex fortune-telling verbiage. ;)

Hilari Braggs

Post by Hilari Braggs » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:26 pm

Cream cheese, It's like what the program talks about so what if you do something that's going to hold you back from doing it. It's not going to kill you if you try. You will still be here and it really won't kill you. Believe me I know, I'm getting into some hard chapters in my computer crash course, and I feel like giving up but I made a promise to myself that I was't because I've been doing it for so long.

in search of peace

Post by in search of peace » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:57 am

I have been unemployed now for two years and am going to school after 28 years. Along with two failed marriages I am now struggling with my third, I also have a teenage daughter that is at odds with me all the time and an aging mother now depending on me that has suffered with depression all her life. I have taken medications before but they made my anxious moods worse not to mention all the other side effects. My support system (my mother and husband) is non-existent) so this program was my last hope(so to speak). As you can imagine, my what ifs are endless.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:23 pm

How are you, In search of Peace?

Bob-o Bingo

Post by Bob-o Bingo » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:17 am

Originally posted by cream cheese:
Yes, The what IFS, Never seem to fade off.
. . . BUT....its myself I have to blame, I have been successfully struggling with the WHAT IF WAR......I have met the enemy and the enemy is losing!!!! . . .
Wait a minute. What if this enemy you have met is YOU? It is, isn't it? I know my most dreaded enemy is ME. So why should you be any different. I'm confused... again <groan!>

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”