New car what ifs

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
rose_thorn98

Post by rose_thorn98 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:16 pm

I got a new car Sunday. I'm having a hard time getting used to it. It is alot bigger than my old car. Plus it is the nicest car I've ever had. I can't stop what ifing about it. What if I crash, etc. Has anyone ever had this issue and gotten used to the new car? Will I ever begin to enjoy the new car instead of just being a nervous wreck about it?
~The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr~

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:33 am

Didn't get a new car, but I got a new house in this really upscale neighborhood. I have been a wreck since I moved in worried if I am "good enough" for this new neighborhood. It seems as though I'm so nervous and worried about what the neighbors are going to think all the time. so much so, that I am not really enjoying the new home. Rather I spend all my time worrying about whether or not I will fit in. This cursed mind of mine. It's ruining my life!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:46 am

you ought to be happy that you have a new car and i know you are...you have insurance and if someone hits you its covered. remember to look both ways being crossing a street. just a little humor lol..go for a drive and break it in..you worked for it and you deserve it..i like used ones better. someone has already got a blessing and passed it on to me...IN ALL THINGS, GIVE THANKS TO GOD..
DON

Carolyn Dickman

Post by Carolyn Dickman » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:49 am

i found out that if you go and act like you fit right in and walk up and say hi i am so and so and i thought i would ome over annd introduce myself and it will make it better. and i like our used one..i can sit on the porch and drink my coffee and watch the cars and trucks go by on the highway in the country.if i wave they might seeme lol. if not i wave anyhow..try it and see and if i am wrong i owe you one. and if i am right you owe me a smile. :D be blessed..
remember you are someone....
don

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:37 pm

Thanks Don, you're right. Next time I see someone out I'm going over and introduce myself. Can't be worried about those darn what ifs.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:35 pm

GLAD YOU LIKED IT.TAKE CARE AND KEEP IN TOUCH..BE BLESSED..AND REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE SOMEBODY GOING SOME PLACE...
DON

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”