This program really works!

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
Misty's Moments

Post by Misty's Moments » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:16 pm

Wow,
The other night I listened to these Cds and used the relaxation cd. I have been suffering from Anxiety and Depression for 18 years and have had serious marital issues since my husband has a sexual addiction which raises my anxiety. He has been in therapy for a couple of months and making changes daily little by little. I am trying to be patient but my anxiety and what ifs drive me nuts.

The other morning I woke up earlier than usual and since my husband works the graveyard shift he was not home yet. So I decided to call him to see how he was and tell him I already let the dog out to pee and he did not need to worry about it. Well my hubby did not answer so I called again and again. I texted him and still no answer. It was 7:00 am and he was not due off of work until 8:00 and he always answered the phone to make sure I felt secure. I started to panic and my what if thinking began to rush through my brain. Where was he? Why wasn't he answering? Was he with another girl and avoiding my call.thought you know what I can't go crazy here until I know what is really going on there must be a reasonable explanation. He has been bending over backwords to make me feel secure lately and wouldn't throw away all this hard work so quickly. So I calmed myself by thinking everything will be fine this will pass. I played the relaxation cd and fell back asleep. I woke up a little after eight and tried calling agin still no answer. I heard my hubby walking in the door. I quickly got up and asked him "Why haven't you been answering your phone? He said have you checked your voicemail? I told him of course I have and nothing there. He said on your cellphone? The only number I know by heart? I said ummm no it's in my purse. He told me check my voicemail. I checked it and boy did I feel relieved and glad I used the program and did not waste another hour of my life worrying over something. In the voicemail he called from work saying he left his cellphone in his pants and gave his work number to call if Ineeded anything and that he stiil had my car keys. I know that sounds bad but it really was good and let me tell you why. When he left for work the night before he was running late. I had something of his in my car and I told him to take my keys and get it. He was in such a hurry he grabed what he needed out of my car and left for work to be on time. His phone was still in the house sitting on the couch. When he figured it out he called me right away to reassure me and let me know I could call him at work to keep myself reassured but silly me never checked my cellphone. ummm whoops.

Venus

Post by Venus » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:18 pm

Wow! Thanks for sharing that experience, what a great example of how these panic and anxiety attacks can escalate if not checked. It has giving me even more insight into the importance of keeping in control.

Thanks again!

tune

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”