I'm having trouble getting out there

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
SisterCecelia

Post by SisterCecelia » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:23 am

Today I've been having a lot of negative thoughts that just won't go away. Like what if this, what if that. And it's making it hard for me to go out and do the things I want to do.

Right now I'm in the middle of week 8. Although I did skip 5 6 and 7 because they don't really apply to me and I just want to get out and do the things I want to do. help please.

deedee00

Post by deedee00 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:42 am

Hello sister.

I think that you should go back and do chapters 5,6, and 7. You will be amazed at how much you need to do those chapters. Never skip any chapters, they all support each other. That could be the reason you're having trouble with chapter 8.

In the program Lucinda says for example, that you need know the first chapter well in order to do well with the next. If you've skipped over all of those chapters how were you supposed to do well with this one?

Hankster

Post by Hankster » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:23 am

I think Deedee00 is 100% with her answer. It's a real temptation to skip some of the lessons, and again they are all linked.

Hope you feel better. Move those muscles and remember feelings are not facts!

Reen38

Post by Reen38 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:22 am

I have to agree with the others completely. Go back and do all the lessons that you missed. You will get something out of all of them, even though they may appear not to apply to you.
Then, get out there...small steps :)
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought" ~ Buddha

MC Grace

Post by MC Grace » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:50 am

Sister,
Please go back. There's a lot of good stuff there. Even if every word doesn't apply to you.
Slow and steady, sweetie. Shortcuts won't get you anywhere.
I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
Psalm 13:6

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”