The thought of "Going Crazy"

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
Twinkie22

Post by Twinkie22 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:15 am

I feel like I'm going crazy too sometimes. I'm more afraid that my doctor thinks I'm crazy, despite all evidence he has shown me to the contrary. I made a bad choice the other day and started reading the DSM-IV. Now I think I might have bipolar disorder, even though I have never had any manic episodes. Speaking to my loved ones and friends, they all reassured me that I am not bipolar. But I keep thinking, "What if I am?"

~*schnauzermom*~

Post by ~*schnauzermom*~ » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:06 am

But I keep thinking, "What if I am?"
Well if we can think bad, why can't we think good?

What if I accomplished a couple tasks today? WOW! Great!

What if...I make a great dinner!

What if...I call my mom, sister, grandmother and tell them I love them!

What if...I smile!

What if...let the person behind me in the grocery line go ahead of me?

What if...I take a walk tonight a feel great!

What if...I can do a 180 when a bad thought come to mind? Hmmm!

What if...I can remind myself that I am a GOOD, worthy person? Well do it!

What if...I feel relaxed after my relaxation tape? You probably WILL feel relaxed!

What if...I can go alone to the mall, walk around and spend a whole hour there? You probably could!

What if...I just pushed through my fear and just did whatever I am scared of? I would prove to myself that I COULD face my fear and come out a WINNER. And even if I tried I STILL am a winner! :D
"Afterall, everybody only hears what he understands." by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Inspiration is All Around

Post by Inspiration is All Around » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:50 am

This is a tough one for me also. I get so frightened sometimes and my anxiety goes through the roof. When I start obsessing I get the weird thoughts like, am I hearing voices or did I see something weird? (I read some symptom info junk on disorders - big mistake!) I'm completely on gaurd and notice every little thing. Then I analyze myself to see if I'm ok. Its terrible 'cause at other times the thought of going crazy can just be that, a stupid thought, and you can see it for what it is. It's that "living in your head" problem. I know they say people with anxiety don't "lose it" but it's still hard to not want 100% assurance (which is impossible) and I find that hard to deal with. People can tell you over and over you're fine, you're normal, but still you what if.... I know how you feel.

Fairlight

Post by Fairlight » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:31 pm

This was so helpful today and if you miss the program, go to the site and listen there! Tomorrow, August19th, they are talking about help for obsessive thinking, if it's half as good as today's program, it should be very encouraging! For anyone stuggling through scary thoughts and anxiety & depression, there's been a great radio discussion on "God's Answers For Anxiety, Depression & Obsessive Thoughts", it's on most Christian radio stations, and <A HREF="http://www.pointofview.net/site/PageServer" TARGET=_blank>http://www.pointofview.net/site/PageServer</A> is the link to their web site & you can listen online even if you missed today's broadcast, it was simply wonderful!!!!
Blessings,
Fairlight

WaRinmymind

Post by WaRinmymind » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:34 pm

Originally posted by Inspiration is All Around:
This is a tough one for me also. I get so frightened sometimes and my anxiety goes through the roof. When I start obsessing I get the weird thoughts like, am I hearing voices or did I see something weird? (I read some symptom info junk on disorders - big mistake!) I'm completely on gaurd and notice every little thing. Then I analyze myself to see if I'm ok. Its terrible 'cause at other times the thought of going crazy can just be that, a stupid thought, and you can see it for what it is. It's that "living in your head" problem. I know they say people with anxiety don't "lose it" but it's still hard to not want 100% assurance (which is impossible) and I find that hard to deal with. People can tell you over and over you're fine, you're normal, but still you what if.... I know how you feel.
i know exactly what you mean..like when im layin in bed at night ill look around and think i see stuff..and it scares me terribly..also awhile back i thought i did something wrong and thought i was going to jail but i totally didnt do anything...but i was sick for months...it was terrible..and i didnt do nothing..it was nuts .and everyone told me i was ok! but i would be ok for like 10 minutes..then there it goes again
is that how it is for you??? im honestly amazed at how all yall feel what im going through seriously...how do we deal with these things

lucie

Post by lucie » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:26 am

You might think this is strange but when I'm stressed and anxious, I think I might have multiple personalities. Not that I hear things or find anything to ever prove it, but my anxiety takes over and I think I did things that a normal person would not do (drive places in the middle of the night, etc). I always think that when i fall asleep i lose control, in other words my anxuety ramps up. I've had this thought on and off over the years, and I notice it increases when my hormones and stress increase.

noody35

Post by noody35 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi Lucie,
I too had similar thoughts like yours. I'll tell u a short story. One day my husband and I was watching Mr.Brooks. ( remember that movie) well I had to tell him to turn it off. I started having a anxiety attack b/c i thought what if i too turn like him. Oh man the rush of thinking that way made me start looking for a double personality with in myself i made myself sick that night and several nights after that.lol..... But here i am sane as ever and myself. So dont worry it's not happening. Have you gone thru the program? if u have it listen to session 8 and 10 over again until u get it and dont have those thoughts again. take care
Live, Laugh, and Love Well.

WaRinmymind

Post by WaRinmymind » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:41 pm

Yeah wow...i do the same thing....like ''what if'' ya know...it comes and goes

lucie

Post by lucie » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:38 am

OMG-I also freaked out after I watched that movie-too weird, or maybe this tells me that I am normal to think this. Thanks for sharing.

vdv

Post by vdv » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:01 am

I feel the same way sometimes. There are times that I just want to run away. I would just drive and drive until I couldn't drive anymore! I feel like I am just outside of my body and looking in. I want to scream, but I have to hold it in until I'm alone. I have to stay tensed up because I will lose it any minute!
I guess I will have to chip away at it until I can deal with it. At least that's what I am going to try to do...

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”