moving experience making me worse

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
Ryan Lee

Post by Ryan Lee » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:56 am

i recently moved into a new apartment with two friends and the day of the move in i had a horrible anxiety attack. Now it seems like ever since the move my bad thoughts have been spiraling out of control. I find myself getting anxious to drive and it has begun to affect my travel to and from work. The what if thinking is happening all the time now and im starting to feel pretty down because i felt like i was improving before the move. Any suggestions or motivation would be greatly appreciated. I'm feeling pretty low.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:12 am

Well, you have moved. That is a positive step. I suggest trying to think of the positive changes that this move has created for you. Remember, "You are a safe place." When you are driving and feel anxious, stop somewhere safe like a store and walk around and take some deep breathes. It works most of the time for me. I hope that helps.

Barb G.

Post by Barb G. » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:33 am

Thank you. Of course it helps. Hearing anything positive makes me feel better, and puts everything into perspective.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:02 am

I lived in the same house for my entire life up until about a year ago. Throughout my life I always recall having thoughts that I would rather be dead then have to move from there. I was so accustomed to it and so attached to all the memories, that I literally was afraid that I would go crazy if we/I ever moved. Simply put moving from the only home I ever knew was one of my biggest fears.

I don't know if it was due to me doing the program when we moved or not, but I handled it a lot better than I previously thought. I was scared still yes, but I realized how I was facing a tremendous fear and that I made it through the situation intact. I still miss that house, but am happy I had the experience and now live in a more peaceful neighborhood.

You are improving Ryan and we all will have setbacks, just don't let that trick you into thinking you are going downhill again. Some days/weeks will be worse than others, just keep up the good work.

Peace & Love
-Dustin

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”