What if I run out of money?

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
h.beth

Post by h.beth » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:46 am

Hi SCDon,

Like you, this is one of my biggest triggers. It all goes back to money. What if my husband gets hurt and can't work and we have no money? What if my daughter's speech therapy costs too much and we can't afford it, will she have to stop? What if I can't pay the mortgage? The list goes on and on.
I know you are scared. This world IS a scary place right now.

To me though, as someone who is looking in on your situation, I think you are doing a GREAT job! You always manage to find a way to make it work out and I am confident that you will again!

Keep the faith, trust in yourself.

Good luck!

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:20 pm

I am sure we always think about that. :?

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:29 pm

Originally posted by Gale D:
I guess most of us have money worries these days-for me it's whether we will have enough money to live on when my husband retires. We have very little saved for an emergency much less retirement.I am 53 and he is 54 and I'm finally realizing that we should be saving as much as possible but I fear it will be too little too late.
We have been watching Joel Osteen on Sunday evenings on TBN andwe find his message to be very uplifting. He often tells us to "expect the best"always and that if we don't expect good things in life, we won't get them. He says God wants us to expect good things in life and even in bad times we should expect things to get better and they will!! I always feel better about things after I've watched him. He has a wonderful sense of humor andhe is so passionate in his beliefs. I am not normally one to watch TBN but I do really love his message and I'm always smiling when the show is over. Maybe those of you who are worried about money might want to check out the program some Sunday evening and see if you feel more uplifted and less worried after watching and listening to Joel.
That is good advice Gale. I loved listening to Joel when I had DirecTV. We would record his messages on our DVR and replay them. They were very uplifting and encouraging. Unfortuneatly, in trying to cut expenses, we had to give up DirecTV so we can't hear those messages any longer. I still worry about money and try to give my worries to God, but as a human, I still fail at times. My husband and I have both found jobs that are helping pay our bills, but no where near what we need. Despite that, we are still trusting and believing that He will see us through this hard time.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:56 am

Hi IDM 76,

I know what you mean about having to cut back on some of life's luxuries, especially things like satellite t.v., NetFlix, things like that. How about purchasing an audio book of Joel Osteen's or getting some of his books to read at your library? I think it would even be fun to take turns reading from one of his books as a family, similar to what families did for entertainment a hundred years ago or more. Though this sluggish economy has made it necessary for many of us to have to live with less, I think in doing so, we may find that it affords us time to come together more in our own families, and that can be priceless! Good luck to you my dear, and God bless!

Gale

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”