What if I panic on the plane?

Is your day fraught with worry about something that may (or may not) happen? Stop imagining and anticipating the worst and learn the amazing rewards of living in the moment.
epa

Post by epa » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:23 am

Hi there everyone I am getting on a flight tomorrow.I have not flown in 10 years. So I am very anxious.The flight is about 2 hrs. I used fly all the time until my mom passed away. So this is a huge step for me. I just do'nt want to freak out. I need to stop the "what if" thinking. If I could get a little encouragement I would so appreciate it.I wish everyone the best of luck. God Bless.
ATTITUDE -- The mind is like a parachute...it doesn't work unless it's open!!

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:38 am

Danni71,
Congratulations for taking that step! I know how you feel, I was so afraid! I ended up doing beautifully and each take off got easier and easier and I actually liked looking out the window! I even saw another plane fly by our plane, it was really neat, and no it wasn't super close or anything, don't worry, besides it was below our plane. Now when I see planes in the air I look at my flight as a positive thing. I brought books and StressCenter material, Dvd's, ect... I didn't even end up needing anything! Was I nervous? You bet! But I was sooooo proud of myself, it beat out the anxiety. I kept telling myself, "you are doing it! You are in an airplane and you are doing awesome!"

Is anyone flying with you? The flight attendants are Fantastic! I loved ours from OH to NV (first leg), she was so super. Plus by the time you reach cruising, 20 mins has passed and about 40 mins before landing everyone starts getting excited and prepared to land, so you really only have one hour of real flying time.

You can do this and I am so proud of you! let us know how it went, I know you are going to do great!!!

Take care,
Ocean

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:19 am

Ocean,
Thank you for the words of encouragement. It really helps me to feel so much better. I already have my relaxation session downloaded to my IPOD. And I am taking some extra material from the program. Thanks for the support. I will let you know how I do.

Take Care,
Danni

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi Ocean,
Its danni well I went to the airport tried to board the plane and just completely freaked out. I am so disappointed that I could'nt take that first flight.Hopefully the next time I can get through it. Sometimes I feel that I am losing my mind.

Take Care
Danni

Lindygail

Post by Lindygail » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:15 am

There is a site called <A HREF="http://www.flyinganxiety.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.flyinganxiety.com</A> that have self-help tips. But, most important they have a Fear Of Flying seminar that they conduct one-on-one sessions & at the end they conclude with a virtual reality demo. :)

Return to “Session 8 - Put an End to "What-If" Thinking”