DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL PARANOID

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
Morgan

Post by Morgan » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:01 am

Since ive started having a problem with anxiety ive found that i get pretty paranoid about stupid things that I know shouldnt bother me.If you can relate or have some good advice please write back, thanks and God bless.

Christian73

Post by Christian73 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:27 am

Yes. I sometimes feel this way. I remind myself that it's just anxiety gripping on to something in my immediate surroundings. :)
"You don't have to believe everything you think."

Bumper sticker in my therapist's office

mitchell j kuliga

Post by mitchell j kuliga » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:16 am

I GET THOSE STUPID AND UNREALISTIC THOUGHTS. I IMAGINE LOOKING AT MYSELF IN A MIRROR AND LIKE WHAT I SEE. I TELL MYSELF THAT IT IS JUST NOT ME AND TRY TO BE REALISTIC. I DO SOME CALMING, BREATHING AND GET MYSELF IN NEUTRAL,E TO REINFORCE MYSELF OF THE PERSON IN THE MIRROR(HONEST SINCERE,GOOD, RESPECTFUL, ETC.)I ENCOURAGE MYSELF THAT THE THOUGHTS ARE NOTHING BUT LIES AND FICTION. LOOK AT YOUR PROGRAM AS BUILDING A HOUSE AND START WITH THE FOUNDATION AND BUILD UP TO IT IS COMPLETED. ALSO, DURING DOWN TIME, LISTEN TO THE RELAXARION TAPE, SOFT MUSIC AND MEDITATE TO KEEP YOUR MIND ON YOUR TRUE PERSONALITY.

Shelley F.

Post by Shelley F. » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:40 am

Yeah, I get really paranoid that I'm never going to get better and I know that's not true I just need to concentrate on the positive and good things in my life and remember that my oldself is still there, I'm the same person just have to change my thoughts.

CYNDI49

Post by CYNDI49 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:09 am

:?EVENING TIME IS MY WORSE... LIKE RIGHT NOW..I JUST TOOK MY XANAX AND I AM SO NERVOUS.,,MY SISTER IS ON HER WAY OVER WITH HER NEW BOYFRIEND... GREAT!! AND I AM JUST SO PERINOID I AM GOING TO HAVE A PANIC ATTACK!!! I AM TRYING TO GET THROUGH THIS HOUR.. AND THEN I WILL BE FINE... O, I DISLIKE THIS FEEELING... SO I FEEL YOU PAIN!!!
Cyndi~on the road to recovery!

rose_thorn98

Post by rose_thorn98 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:11 pm

I had that problem and now its gone. Its just anxiety spirling out of control. Its just scary thoughts. Just catch yoursef and tell yourself, this is just anxiety and its not real. Its just a what if thought. Eventually as you learn to deal with those thougths they will come less and less often.
~The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King, Jr~

ELISEOFLORENCIO

Post by ELISEOFLORENCIO » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:35 pm

Hi there. I too suffer from paranoid thoughts. so much so that I have learned to hate the EVENING NEWS. When I watch the news I tend to look at the WHOLE world in a negative light, do not trust anybody who is nice, etc. I start to compare myself to the stories on the news, which is crazy because all I do is go to work, home, the gym and back home. I live a clean life but for some reason when I watch the news I relate things to me and "what if" questions start going through my head. One thing I read was to ask yourself if there is ACTUAL evidence to back up your thoughts. I always feel better after answering that question. Number two, is I do not watch the news. I stay away from things that affect me. Good luck and check in sometime. Would like to know if that works for you.

tweek12

Post by tweek12 » Mon May 26, 2008 8:43 am

I worry/am paranoid almost 24 hours a day, I have trouble falling asleep because of it!!

I really don't know what to do anymore ...

Mr. Positive

Post by Mr. Positive » Thu May 29, 2008 8:54 pm

I've lived in complete paranoia for almost five years straight. It's an absolute nightmare of an existence. One thing that I can pass on to others however, is to not be weak like I have and succumb to this burden. Please work on yourself.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”