Depression/anxiety with scary thoughts??

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
emmaslave

Post by emmaslave » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:26 am

I have some good news, I forced my self to go to the gym even though I was feeling really depressed and I walked on the treadmill at a brisk pace for 30 min. I feel much better now. I know it is hard for us to motivate ourselves sometimes, but our quality of life depends on it!

heisthegreatphysician

Post by heisthegreatphysician » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:17 am

Emmaslave-

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!! YEAH, you made it to the gym!!!!!!Keep pressing on, you can do IT!!!!!! I am going to the gym at 6 tonight for a step class, have been forcing myself too, glad you took the step...VERY PROUD of you! Did you put the penny in the jar? lol..... :)

Patricia

LiJe

Post by LiJe » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:56 pm

Hi everyone.

I can totally relate to the OCD thoughts always coming back. My thoughts right now are background noise - which enables me to let them pass through my mind without causing complete anxiety - however - I'm still doing a lot of avoidance - as I haven't come to terms with my "obsessions" that cause me distress - nor have I really shared these thoughts with a therapist either.

And yes - I fight depression with having to deal with this OCD "crap." And yes - I feel quite isolated and alone too. I'm fighting a bout of depression as we speak. Which I think is quite common for this time of year (i.e. Xmas, winter, etc.)

Hang in there everyone :)

Any tips, encouragement is always appreciated. I'm new to dealing with my OCD which I've been battling for the past 16 years. I'm just waiting for Lucinda's program to arrive.

Jerilynn

Post by Jerilynn » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:33 am

i can really relate to this topic lately and think it will help me feel better to tell others what i am going through. im 20 years old and have been through a lot with my pregnancy and my partner the last two years. i never realized how much stress i have put myself through until i have sat down with my therapist and really talked about my problems. my depression started with scary thoughts of hurting my 2 year old daughter. i have never been more terrified in my life! i love her so much and could never do the things my mind was thinking. i went to the doctor and tried celexa. it was the wrong thing for me. it kicked my depression into overdrive. my thoughts were worse i started having panic attacks, i couldnt eat or sleep. i didnt want to even be around my daughter in fear that i might hurt her. i was in and out of hospitals wondering if i was crazy. finally after talking to my obgyn she put me on lexapro. i can eat and sleep now. and i can be around my baby and im actually happy now. i still have thoughts in fears but they dont overwhelm me like they did a couple weeks ago. i havent been struggling with this for long. its all new to me and i have researched and i know now that i am not the only one! i know what its like to want to just snap your fingers and have all these fears and thoughts stop. im in therapy now and hoping for a full recovery! i am hopeful!! everyone hang in there and comment on my story please =]

bellax

Post by bellax » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:36 am

Jerylyn: I read your entry ... with a request for a reply and felt compelled to touch base with you today since you just posted today. Breathe and relax. I find my depression comes on when I don't control my own thoughts -- we must chase the negative thoughts out. Be aware of what you're thinking and make sure you're dealing in truths. We are hard on ourselves in ways we'd never be to the people we love and cherish. You're in a wonderful place in your life but it's also one of the most difficult places, being the parent of a young child. Revel in the joy of it all and forget the rest as soon as you can. Unfortunately, I've found a snap of the fingers won't make it all better. Take the happiness you are experiencing and go with it. Amplify it, keep it foremost in your thoughts. All positive thoughts will lift your spirits and make your life better. The little bit I've practiced using positive thinking has helped me every time. It's so unfamiliar to me it almost scares me and I stop using it. That's a bad choice on my part. It has to be a good habit. Form that habit now while things are on the up side for you and you'll feel better, sure enough, and stay that way. Good luck. Be strong, you can do it. I know you can. I can, too. Telling you all this has been helpful to me, also, because I do believe and need to revisit it regularly. Thank you.

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”