Good Tip

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
EddyJ

Post by EddyJ » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:09 am

Hey guys I just wanted to send out some encouragement to all my fellow anxiety disorder-ers.

The biggest thing that has helped me in my recovery is just plain living. Go out and live despite the fear, despite the obsessive thoughts, despite the panic, despite the anxiety, Sure you need coping skills but, but when you actually go out there and have a little fun despite this disorder it is really really really difficult to feel depressed. So next time you decide to stay in bed because you just cant seem to get out because you don;t feel good, push yourself and say " Hey I can still go on with my day despite this feeling. I may feel better later I may not. But at least I can get the things I need to get done done rather than lay here in bed and let anxiety call the shots.

God Bless

EddyJ
" I feared I was going to lose control. I feel better now. Not because I regained control. But because I realized I never lost it in the first place."

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:26 am

I couldn't agree more. The more you let it control you, the more it wins. Good advice :).

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:08 pm

What about obsessive thoughts resulting from insecurity and jealousy? My mind attaches to something and all of a sudden my husband is having an affair...the worst part is...my jelousy and insecurity over the last couple of months made him question his own feelings towards this woman, and how he thinks he has feelings for her....so what do I do now???

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:08 pm

just turing notifications on

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”