help

Suffering from OCD? Post your history, experience, comments and/or suggestions
anxiousgirl81

Post by anxiousgirl81 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi everyone my name is Lily im new to this site i am 23 years old i think i have ocd about being a lesbian all my life i have liked guys since i wa 7 years old i've had many crushes and one particular guy i was in love with then 6 years ago a movie about a girl being a lesbian started me questioning what if im a lesbian and its been bothering since and im so confused and unhappy and i want help me and my mother are looking into a therapist but she doesnt know about this obsession she thinks i just have social anxiety which i also have and i dont know what to look for in a therapist or what to do and also when i do find a therapist what if they dont know what hocd is and think im really a lesbian im so upset right now sorry if i sound crazy i just need help

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Hey Lily you don't sound crazy at all. This is one of the more popular obsessions around. You're just anxious. I know, believe me I know, that it feels like it's more than that. Scary thoughts stick and your mind is tired from being anxious/adrenaline overdose. I work on accepting these thoughts as just thoughts everyday and going about my business. Try saying 'whatever' to these thoughts every time they pop up, and I understand that can be almost all damn day sometimes. These are just thoughts and they don't define you. You have control over how you react to them so don't give them any more power. Start doing some relaxation practices and exercising. This to shall pass I promise.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:47 pm

Mack is 100% right. This is a VERY popular OCD thought. If you were a lesbian you would be a lesbian or you would be contemplating how to tell people and what you want in life. You would NOT be getting upset and obsessing about this.You are what you are and these are just thoughts. I used to have the exact same thing and now I look back on it and realize I can just add it to my list of irrational thoughts. Dont worry it will pass.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:39 pm

THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR ADVICE :)

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:52 pm

lily you are not alone at all. I suffer from that same obsession. It really sucks, I know...Ive had that obsession since I was 18, and I'm 25 now. It used to bring full on relapses. Now, I can think it, and it doesn't bother me as much. I still catch myself sometimes doing the whole rumination thing, but not nearly as bad. Again, don't be scared about having these thoughts. Im glad you came here to share. Im sorry youre suffering too :-( <3

Return to “Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)”